So how can we change our mindset?
I have to think with some of the recent changes/nerfs it seems Bvhr wants to alter how the game is played. I believe they have all ready stated that a 2k average would be the most desired balance.
But how do you get all killers to switch to a mentality of chasing survivors from gennys, getting hooks, and playing strategies which many have already stated, while more fun for survivors, is a detriment to the killers success.
The emblem system will indeed need a rework for killers, because entity displeased is not fun in its own right and many see a pip as a win condition. Also when you play killer you want to kill. Correct?
I know as a survivor I want to survive. I want to get out those exit gates, or at the very least contribute to my teammates getting out.
So what do you think? Could we find a way to be happy with a 1k or 2k game if you can still pip?
Comments
I can be happy with a 2k if it was a fun game for both sides. Unfortunately, that needs to involve a lot of chases, less loops, and more time to actually play and enjoy the game, which just doesn't happen with how the game is set up right now.
I can agree with this. I am hopeful the ruin nerf is the first step towards figuring a way to balance gen speeds with game length. Because I think it is the internal clock in our heads that may force some "unfun" tactics as we know gens are being worked on every second we are in chase, or hooking someone, or being stunned etc..
I've already said multiple times they need to work on their wording and emblem system to recondition their player base.
Right now, I have seen someone get a 3k and see the message "Entity Displeased", which to me is the game saying "You Lost". This particular case was because 2 of the people killed themselves on first hook and the last person didn't get saved because the 4th camped on hatch.
So yes, he did not hook enough to "win" the game, but he didn't lose either. A big first step would to change those messages based on kills, a 3k is a win, its not his fault 2 people killed themselves on first hook.
Should he rank up, no, but he shouldn't lose pips. I think a good fist step would be to make it so 7 hooks with 2 deaths is at least a single white pip but at least 2 deaths no matter the reason is a black pip.
This would help reconfirm to killers that a 2k is a win and not a loss.
For some yes, but I think it will be unlikely for most killers. Because for them winning is killing everyone. That is the mentality the current system has been enforcing for quite some time, especially at red rank. Even if they change the gatekeeper emblem it may be too late.
And let's face it gens are gonna fly in a about a week which will force some killers to use what some would consider "unsavory tactics".
For a game that claims to be horror. I'm afraid it's moving closer to becoming a survival simulator.
I have to agree that as killers we are conditioned very early on that 2ks is not a win. And like mouse0270 stated killers should not depip because there was no chance for more hook actions if people killed themselves on first hook.
I mean, I don't play with ruin now, never have and was never going to use it. Yes some games the gens flew by and I lost, but hey it happens. But more often than not I would get a 2-3k and all 4 stacks of BBQ. So that was always a win for me. Does that mean it's been harder for me to get to rank 1, yeah, but I still average around rank 3-6. Which to me is fine.
Yes it will be hard to recondition their player base, but changing what the games considers a win takes a huge argument away from players. "Why did you run Ruin, Pop, Thanta and Sloppy on Spirit? The answer I hear a lot is because I want to win the game and I need a 4k to win."
Which in their defense, the game backs them up on that. But if you make it so a 2k is considered a win by the game, then that is a false win they are forcing on themselves, not one the game is forcing. The first step is take that away.
We'll older players switch mentality quickly, no, some probably wont ever change, but slowly over time people will start to see a 2k as a win because the game is telling them they won at a 2k.
Yes game about that was better in 2017 where everyone have rank 1, was like current 13 rank but this wasn't frustrating for killer, now if I get 3/4k and safe pip/depip I think something is wrong with this game...damn I miss old dbd