New perk similar to old Tinkerer

Hello! Old Tinkerer was a perk that would increase the effectiveness of charge speed addons, which caused some issues with killer balancing and resulted in things such as insta-saw Billy and insta-hatchet Huntress. It also had an issue with the perk's design itself, as running no charge speed addons would make the perk completely useless. Also, the perk was just completely useless on killers with no charge speed addons.

I love the idea of affecting the killer's power with a perk, but old tinkerer was awful because of the above flaws. I'm suggesting a new perk that could be released with a future killer that functions similarly without those flaws.

Perk effects:

  • Increases the speed or recharge speed of the killer's power.
  • Does not stack with addons (conflicting addons override the perk's effects).
  • Effects can be equivalent to the killer's respective common or uncommon addon.

A perk like this would be an interesting tool for every type of killer player in the game. Killers that don't play with addons will finally be able to have a way to consistently power up a killer's power, and killers that do will be able to play with the equivalent of 3 addons and 3 perks. The game's balanced wouldn't be thrown off because you won't be able to stack addons to get insane power speed, and even if someone brings two amazing addons along with it, there's still the fact that the killer only has 3 other perks to work with. I can imagine a lot of players having a great time with this perk, and I really hope we get something like this in the game.

List of potential effects per killer:

  • Trapper - Increased trap setting speed
  • Hillbilly - Increased chainsaw charge speed
  • Wraith - Increased cloaking and de-cloaking speed
  • Nurse - Increased power recharge speed
  • Shape - Increased stalk speed
  • Hag - Increased trap placement speed
  • Doctor - Increased static blast recharge speed
  • Huntress - Increased hatchet wind-up speed
  • Cannibal - Increase chainsaw charge speed
  • Nightmare - Increased teleport recharge speed
  • Pig - Increased crouching speed and/or ambush attack charge speed
  • Clown - Increased reload speed
  • Spirit - Increased haunting activation speed
  • Legion - Increased power recharge speed
  • Plague - Increased vile purge and corrupt purge charge speed
  • Ghostface - Increased shroud recharge speed
  • Demogorgon - Increased portal opening speed or of the abyss recharge speed
  • Oni - Increased demon dash activation speed

Comments

  • Hey! I thought I'd bump this so more people could see it. I'd like to see everyone's thoughts on this idea!