News tab popping up at launch

Hi everyone, I have a little problem.

Every time I open the game, the News tab pops up when I enter the main menu. Anyone knows how to solve this? It's not a serious problem, but it's just a little bit annoying.

Comments

  • @ASaltySurvivor said:

    Hi everyone, I have a little problem.

    Every time I open the game, the News tab pops up when I enter the main menu. Anyone knows how to solve this? It's not a serious problem, but it's just a little bit annoying.

  • @ASaltySurvivor said:

    Hi everyone, I have a little problem.

    Every time I open the game, the News tab pops up when I enter the main menu. Anyone knows how to solve this? It's not a serious problem, but it's just a little bit annoying.

    I'd guess that at some point you followed the advice of one of the countless guides promising to do "whatever" and one of those suggestions was to set "Read-Only" on GameUserSettings.ini and if so that's the reason.


    Pro-Tip: Any person, guide or how-to that suggests setting "Read-Only" on an ini file, which sadly is 99% of them, doesn't have a clue what they're talking about or suggesting and their advice should be ignored.