Survivors hard to hit??

So I’ve been a survivor main for most my dbd games and am around rank 4-5 usually. I recently started playing killer a lot more to get some insight into what it’s like. I’ve ranked to 13–14 killer, and sadly keep getting matched with rank 5-8 survivors.

The question is, why do some of the survivors turn during a chase and run directly at me? I hate to admit it does throw me off and I lose sight, so I miss my hits. I had one Claudette do this over and over until I was raging. How do I counter this? This Claudette also did 360s. So I thought I’d ask how I can avoid swinging and missing over and over with these survivor moves? It’s not all of them, just the ones who suddenly turn and go towards me last second. Thanks

Comments

  • Higher ranked survivors are usually ones who've had a lot of time playing and have good loop/chase skills. A good way to counter it is to watch their heads. They'll stay focused on you if they're planning on turning like that or they see your charging a lunge. A good tactic is to keep on them until you're touching them and smack them. Beyond that, just keep practicing chases. You'll get the hang of it in no time!