Playing Trapper with no slowdown perks
So, I have never used a slowdown perk on Trapper, but I have with my other Killers. When I am matched up with equal rank survivors, it's usually a fun match, and I don't get sweaty until the last gen. The problem is when I am matched with rank 2-9 (I am rank 15) and swf. With them, a slowdown perk is mandatory, and with Ruin soon to be gone, I don't think Corrupt Intervention would cut the cake.
Trapper only starts with one trap, can step in his own trap, can have his trap get unset or even sabotaged. He also has to traverse the map to get more traps. He needs a buff along the lines of starting with and being able to carry 3 traps as baseline. Otherwise, expect lots of sweaty Trappers making matches super unfun for survivors.
Heck, now that I can't see ranks before a match start, if I see people with store cosmetics, as well as each person with an Item, I will assume they're a swf or a higher ranked team. Then the survivors rulebook for killers goes out the window and I do whatever it takes to kill them, especially insidious camp and tunnel. It makes me feel bad because I don't want to make people miserable playing a game, and many times, after a match, I see they were all low rank too. I'm just too pressured to kill them asap when gens just keep popping.
Please don't come in here and say ApPlY pReSsUrE. You can't when you have to search for your power, have your power negated, and have to chase someone while the other two or three are working on gens.
Devs, you seriously need to look at the game and figure out how to make it have more lasting fun for both roles, otherwise, it wont last. The solution doesn't involve making killers waste a perk slot to slow down the game either. If you're working on overhauling maps to help this issue, you need to work faster.
Comments