Question about obsessions/totems.

So I know that obsessions were introduced with the Myers chapter and totems were introduced in the Hag chapter. My first question is are there any more mechanics important to the killer that were introduced like these? They seem like the most noticeable ones to me but I’m not sure if there are others. I’m new to the game and trying for learn as much as possible :) and my second question is, do you have a totem and obsession in every match you play as killer? Or do they only show if you have either a totem perk or a obsession perk? Or is there specific slots for each? Thanks for your time.

Comments

  • So I know that obsessions were introduced with the Myers chapter and totems were introduced in the Hag chapter. My first question is are there any more mechanics important to the killer that were introduced like these? They seem like the most noticeable ones to me but I’m not sure if there are others. I’m new to the game and trying for learn as much as possible :) and my second question is, do you have a totem and obsession in every match you play as killer? Or do they only show if you have either a totem perk or a obsession perk? Or is there specific slots for each? Thanks for your time.
    First Question: No, at least not that I know of.
    Second Question: In every trial as a killer, you'll always have 5 full totems, that can never be changed as of 2.1.0 . The moment that you use a Hex perk, one of these 5 full totems will be picked before the trial and changed to a Hex totem.

    Example:
    If you don't use any Hex perks then you'll have 5 dull totems. If you used 3 Hex perks then you'll have 3 Hex totems and 2 dull totems.

    You only have an obsession in your trial if either the killer uses a obsession perk or the survivor uses a obsession perk. If no killer or survivor uses a obsession perk then you won't have a obsession during the trial.