About killer emblems.
I think it's time they got reworked. Currently the requirements are a bit too demanding. So here is how I'd like to see the system reworked.
Gatekeeper: The goal that BHVR has set is to keep as many gens up as possible for 9 minutes. So I'll start my approach from there. The first couple of gens can go so fast that this category seems a bit unfair. I propose that it be made like the unbroken emblem. So long as you can keep the gens being finished for 9 minutes you get at least a silver. With bonus points for how many gens are up after 9 minutes and for any gens left at the end game.
One other thing that could be added to Gatekeeper could be points for gen kicks and regression. Bonus points could be applied for each gen kick and for every percentage of progress lost on a gen.
Devout: Arguably the biggest problem emblem. It currently requires 10 points to reach iridescent. I think the point values need adjustment. I suggest there be a total of 18 possible points in this category. 1 point per hook excluding the third hook. 2 points for each kill/sacrifice.1 point for hooking everyone at least once.1 point for no survivors.
The new emblem requirements would be as follows. Iridescent takes 14 points. Gold takes 12 points. Silver takes 9 points. Bronze takes 7 points.
Malicious: I think this is in a good spot mostly. The only changes I'd make here are the killer no longer loses points for survivors healing. And one hit downs count as two points rather than one.
Chaser: I think this is also in a decent spot as well. Only thing I might add is some bonus points for breaking pallets.
Overall I think these things would make killers lives a bit easier. I feel these changes give them a more active role in determining how well they do. Or maybe I'm crazy. If there are things that could be better let me know. I'm interested to see what people think.
Comments