Is Dead by Daylight falling behind?
Let me start out by saying this.... This sort of topic is kind of rough for me, I love Dead by Daylight! like many of you here on the forums I have invested thousands of hours into this game over the years that I have played. Now Many players have came here, have gone to reddit, steam forums, facebook communities etc...... countless suggestions, ideas and have begged for these two subjects to 1.) be changed and 2.) be added to the game.
#1.) And this is no surprise............ additional objectives/main objective overhaul. It's been years now. It's 2020 the game first came out in 2016 and one bloody change has came to the gens and that's a time to complete a gen from 70-80seconds back in patch 1.5.0 in April of 2017. This universe is controlled by an evil entity there's so much that the team could do but hasn't. The team could introduce a new religion for the entity, some sort of cult that worships the entity would be brilliant for the lore and additional objectives could be based on this religion.
#2.) gestures and interacting with other players..... another subject that many players would love too see come to the game that hasn't. The idea of seeing a killer make a threatening gesture when we see each other for the first time is fun, survivors being able to make other gestures to communicate better as solo or taunt is fun as well. Who cares if bhvr puts a "face palm" gesture into the game and a survivor uses it after failing a skill check or stunning the killer it would be a lot more fun seeing a face palm then seeing the crouch spam. this is something both sides would really enjoy having but.... yet..... nothing has came to the game.
Now I can understand why #2 hasn't been introduced to the game.... even if it has been 4years, the devs have been trying their best to balance the game since release. This leaves the question "why hasn't #1 been addressed?" to be fair I will add a link to video of Mr. Mcote stating additional objectives are coming to the game but not in the way we'd expect, which is interesting.... It's still frustrating knowing that it's almost been 4 bloody years with these gens and they've gotten sooo boring, I've said multiple times in different threads that if you're not getting chased you're not having fun, especially if you're solo. I am noticing multiple content creators taking longer breaks and I am actually surprised that Tru3 hasn't given a try to last year yet. Which is where the question comes up...Is DBD falling behind? Last Year already has gestures to interact with players in the match. When a player makes a good play it seems to feel more rewarding at least this is what I have noticed, when a player wins it actually feels like a win. Objectives..... each map has different objectives, when the new map comes out for last year, new objectives will be on that map.
here is the link below to the interview and Mcote being asked about secondary objectives. not much info is given just "not in the way we think" other questions are asked some just for fun others more "serious".. give it a watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF4159PR9rY
heres to hoping that BHVR finally adds more stuff for us to do in the fog, so players are not stuck doing the same thing over and over again.

Comments