Entity Displeased - I lost the Round

So, starting off, I love to play DBD it's pretty much the only game I played in 2019. I would personally call myself a killer main because most of the time I spend in game is as a killer. However, I do play a fair amount of survivor when my friends and I get together to do so.

I am not heavily active in the community on the forums because, while it's really just every yelling about their side. But a common thing I have noticed is that survivors feel as though they should be able to escape and a lot of killers feel like they should get a 4k.

It wasn't until recently while watching a streamer and he was talking to another player, that I realized that this player considered losing the game as getting anything less than a 4k as a loss. He even actually said something once the streamer got a 3k and the last person escaped. "See even the game says you lost... Entity Displeased".

Now I would much rather get my 4 stacks of BBQ more than I care about getting a 4k. To me I win the round if I get 4 stacks and kill 2 people, 1 person is a tie and killing 0 people is a loss. But I can see why some killers get the sense they lost when they get a 2 kill and see a message that says "Entity Displeased", its literally telling them they failed.

Have you guys ever thought of reworking the messages that appear on the screen. I get this is a stupid change and even a small one, but I personally think a lot of the toxicity that comes from this game is one side feels like they are losing and the game is confirming that for them.

To be honest, the biggest problem with making this type of change now is, So many of your players are already accept nothing less than a 4k as a win and not sure you can resolve that, but I think removing or changing those messages would be a good first step to changing how people see winning and losing the game.

Either way, I still think the game should be balanced around the killer getting 2 kills a game and 2 survivors escaping. Also I know it's hard to balance a game with perks and individual killer powers, but keep at it. But maybe a big first step is changing people's mind on what a "win" is.

Comments