Summer Event cosmetics for locked characters

I currently do not have Kate unlocked; if I get the cosmetic from the event but unlock the character at a later date, will the cosmetic be in that characters inventory or is it required to have the character purchased/unlocked prior to completion?

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • Don't quote me on it, but i think you'll be able to equip it once you unlock the character.

  • I asked a mod, he said he's not sure, but thinks you keep the cosmetic even if you haven't unlocked the char yet.
  • This question was asked about the Feng Min cosmetic from the Lunar Event;  Yes, you can unlock the cosmetic even if you do not own the character.
  • You'll still be able to earn them.

    I didn't have David during the Chinese New year, but still got his shirt once it was over for farming it fully during the event.

  • @Vortexas said:
    You'll still be able to earn them.

    I didn't have David during the Chinese New year, but still got his shirt once it was over for farming it fully during the event.

    david and huntress were both free. LUL

  • I just assume you should be able to get them. I mean c'mon that would be stupid if you couldn't cause you didn't pay for the content yet.

  • Will ask about it. I'm pretty sure it would just get added to your account, even though you can't equip it if you don't own the character, but I'll see if I can find out for sure.

  • Ty Peanuts, that would be awesome!

  • @switch said:

    @Vortexas said:
    You'll still be able to earn them.

    I didn't have David during the Chinese New year, but still got his shirt once it was over for farming it fully during the event.

    david and huntress were both free. LUL

    I must have been thinking of Feng my mistake.

    It took me awhile to buy all the DLCs.

  • @Vortexas said:

    @switch said:

    @Vortexas said:
    You'll still be able to earn them.

    I didn't have David during the Chinese New year, but still got his shirt once it was over for farming it fully during the event.

    david and huntress were both free. LUL

    I must have been thinking of Feng my mistake.

    It took me awhile to buy all the DLCs.

    The thing about the Feng cosmetic is that it was a global reward based on community progress, so it's basically added to the game as a base cosmetic that's unlocked regardless of if you contributed or not.

  • ^ i love this mod he is so active