Change is good as long as everything is subject to potential change
I recall the Devs saying that they expected a big negative reaction to the Ruin overhaul.
It's a major killer nerf but as long as it's a change which down the line contributes to a more balanced game then I'm not gonna be overly critical of it.
Ruin was a barrier to gen balance because it just no-one wants those evil red skill checks while gen times are bumped up by 30 seconds each or whatever.
I personally think in the long term this will be a good change for dbd but the immediate effect is going to be devastating because it means killers now have less time to win every match. Ruin bought them anything from 14 seconds to well over 5 minutes and now there's nothing near as good as that left.
The ruin nerf will probably be the most controversial change but as long as there are still feasible options for killer players then it will be ok.
Ruin was a perk which fixed the issue of gens going too quick, now that it's changed maybe we'll see longer gen repairs OR a second objective which I think is more likely at this stage.
It sounds crazy but I think as early as 3 months from now we might get a second objective where we have to gas up gens before we work on them or something more elaborate.
It's too easy to pick up our pitchforks and say "You destroyed ruin now the survivors have it easy" or "the Devs are Survivor sided because they took ruin away". If you think about the reasoning behind the nerf to ruin then I strongly believe that they are planning for a complete gameplay balance overhaul which they don't want to spill the beans on just yet.
I am being hopeful but to me it seems like the reasoning behind the recent changes have been to make the game more fun and interactive. I think this might be the beginning of actual balance taking place in dbd. It's just a shame it starts with an essential killer perk first.
Comments