The new Designer Notes have made it clear the Devs don't know or care how the game is for Killers

The entire article is written from the standpoint of how the game is for survivors with no consideration for killers. Even when they try to frame the Emblem and Ruin changes in regards to killer gameplay they miss the mark. Ruin isn't used to get Iri gatekeeper, it's to stop the games from being done in 4 minutes because when matched against Survivors who aren't deathly allergic to generators that's about how fast games go.

This just proves to me what I, and I'm sure many others, have thought for the longest time. The Devs do not know or care about the state of the game for the Killers. It's become increasingly clear because out of the 4 recent big killer changes(Freddy, Nurse, Spirit, Doc), 3 of them had no concern for how this will affect the experience of the Killers who play these characters and were instead focused on making the gameplay better for survivors. This is a game with human players on both sides, every lobby needs 4 survivors and 1 killer, and if the devs continue to neglect a part of their community this will eventually lead to stagnation.

Now to avoid this being a thread where I just complain I will say, I think in concept the Hex: Ruin changes could be good were it not for a single problem. Baseline generator regression is way too slow to mean anything. Ruin would either need to go to 4x or even 8x the rate of regression, or baseline regression needs to be buffed to .5 c/s or 1 charge per second. Currently as it stands the proposed Ruin change would mean that with Ruin 3 untouched generators regress at half the rate that a survivor with no gen speed modifiers repairs one(ignoring great skill checks). And while I appreciate that this impacts every generator on the map, it's realistically only going to affect 1 or 2 at any given time, especially against high skill players or well coordinated teams. There's a reason why kicking gens without PGTW is usually not worth the time it takes to perform the action.

Comments