My VERY first impressions on the new Hex: Ruin

Note that these are first impressions and my speculations, we'll see how it plays out in the actual PTB. With that being said:

I understand BHVR's thought procces behind this change, and the change itself is a really cool concept, but I don't think it'll work at all, it's now more focused on the late game, yet the perk still remains a hex, and a hex will not last till late game, it's contradicting so hard I fear the perk'll be a mess.

I can see the argument of "survivors now won't actively look for it, so it MAY very well be up till lategame" but for that to work the Hexes would have to be hidden (because if a survivors sees new ruin, he'll cleanse it, even if he won't specifically look for it), and we all know that this is, more often than not, not the case.

I would personally much rather see this iteration of the perk weakened, but changed to no longer being a Hex (I just think that Hexes are very unhealthy for the game overall, but that's a topic for a different post), but I guess we'll see how it works in practice. What do you people think ?

Comments