Would you prefer if original survivors and killers in chapters had some kind of relationship?

Like the survivor was one of the killer's victims or a relative or a detective on their case?

I think it would be cool to see some of this because the lore could be more in depth.

Obviously the licensed characters have a connection but do any of the original ones? I can't remember.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Yeah it's weird that the survivors are just random people.

  • I wouldn't mind, but it's not a preference.

  • No,I believe that rivalries shouldn't exist between a survivor/killer, it will completely hex;ruin the lore imo. Myers and Laurie have a relationship,Quintin and Freddy,Amanda and det tapp with a nice booty have. I think those are enough xd

  • Jeff knew The Legion before they were taken by The Entity he was the one who drew the mural you see on Mt. Ormond. It's in Jeff's backstory if you wont back out.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    I prefer that the killers and survivors largely remain unknown to each other.

    Having killers and survivors be affiliated through there lore could make things unnecessarily complicated.

    Licensed killers and survivors are laughing rn.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    I prefer that the killers and survivors largely remain unknown to each other.

    Having killers and survivors be affiliated through there lore could make things unnecessarily complicated.

    In what way would things become complicated? It has zero effect on gameplay, it's just a few paragraphs of back story that you can read once and never again. Maybe some more if they're ever featured in a tome.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/962744#Comment_962744

    I dislike most of the licensed characters for aforementioned reasons.

    I don't see why. Maybe because it takes away from the feeling of anonymity original survivors have. I like the feeling of being invested in the personality of some licensed characters but I can see how people might not relate with them and feel put off from playing them because of their established personalities.

  • @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/962755#Comment_962755

    I didn't say it would change gameplay. I just meant that it would take a lot more explaining and story to have it make sense of why two people who were previously friends/family/etc would now be pitted against each other in a murderous arena.

    But that's.. part of writing. There's 3 months between chapters. I think they can handle a slightly more complicated story seeing as they're probably 2-3 pages long total.

    @OnryosTapeRentals said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/962744#Comment_962744

    I dislike most of the licensed characters for aforementioned reasons.

    This just doesn't make any sense. Their lore is already pre written lol

  • No I like how most don't know each other. It's allows each character to have more personal lore. I don't want each character to have other characters mentioned in their lore unless it's something like a friend or family member. Makes each character more unique and special.