I'm so bored....

And I say this with sadness :/ I really do not ever feel like playing lately. As a killer main even though killers all have different abilities, the game now feels repetitive. As survivor? Even worse....this is not a go at the devs or anything because I understand that they want to keep the game the way they wanna keep it, but I wish they would at least change up survivor objectives a little.

-No I am not a salty killer main lol I loved to play SWF with my pals but even they feel the same lately.

Comments

  • Try out some funky builds and divert from the meta.

    And if you really need it, take a break. What's the point of playing a game if you're not having fun?

  • It sounds like you are burnt out, normal for anyone with any game. Instead of hoping the game to change you should try playing different games and come back to DbD when you feel like it. Happy new year :)

  • @AsePlayer said:

    Try out some funky builds and divert from the meta.

    And if you really need it, take a break. What's the point of playing a game if you're not having fun?

    You aint wrong. That is why I did not wanna come out as mad at the devs. This game just really peaks my interest lol I am a huge horror fan. I would not doubt it if I come back when the doctor changes hit though 😂

  • I've been beating this drum for a while now but this game needs alternate modes to play.

    @Dreamnomad said:

    Every other weekend, there should be an alternate game mode made available. Once the game mode has been released, it should be permanently available in custom games. There are virtually an infinite number of options available (and I'd love to hear everyone's ideas) but here are a few I've come up with:

    Specific Killer VS Specific Survivor using only their perks at rank 3. For example, The Shape vs Laurie, The Clown vs Kate, or The Pig vs Detective Tapp.

    Super Speed: Both killer and survivor have 30% increased runspeed.

    Darkest Night:The map is pitch black. Survivors all have flashlights that are permanently in the "on" position. The killer has night vision up to 15 feet.

    2 killers vs 6 suvivors

    Random 12: Both killer and survivors all have 12 random rank 3 perks.

    Back to Basics: No perks, items, or add ons.

    Casual Mode: All perks are reduced to rank 1. Items and add ons are restricted to common or uncommon. Offerings are restricted to ones that can increase bloodpoint gain.

    Fog of War: Massively reduced information available to both killers and survivors. Killers do not have a terror radius. Survivors do not make scratch marks. All auras are disabled. Killer can't see unfinished generator auras or active hex totem auras or hooked survivors. Survivors can't see slugged or hooked survivors. All perks for both killer and survivor that enable auras have the aura reading components disabled.

    Entity's Eyes: Strange wards appear throughout the map. Anyone (killer or survivor) that passes within 10 meters of a ward will have their aura revealed to everyone on the map. The wards periodically change location.

    Treasure Hunt: No generators on the map. Lots of locked chests are around the map which the killer can see as auras. Survivors must pick the lock requiring skill checks before opening. Most of the chests give survivors a bloodpoint bonus for opening. One chest per map will have a 25,000 bloodpoint bonus. Exit gates are powered after 10 minute timer and chests can't be unlocked after that timer.

    Shopping Spree: Survivors are restricted from bringing items into the match and there are no chests to loot. However, there are 2 zombie vendors that spawn in the match. As survivors and killers perform actions that earn bloodpoints, they also earn another form of currency. They can go to the zombie vendors to purchase items and add ons of their choice. Killers can purchase temporary bonus buffs such as 60 seconds 5% movement increase, 40 seconds survivors have exposed status, etc.

    Totally Random: All Perks, Items, Add Ons, and Offerings are randomly chosen. Perks are chosen from all possible perks and are at rank 3 (regardless whether the player has unlocked the perk or what rank the player's perks are currently at). Items, Add Ons, and Offerings are chosen from all possible options minus event specific offerings. These Items, Add Ons, and Offerings do not consume the player's resources. They are provided by the entity.

    Infection:8 players join a lobby. When the match starts, one is randomly selected to be a random killer with no perks or add ons. The remaining 7 are survivors with no perks or items. There are no hooks on the map, but the killer can Mori survivors in the dying state. Once a survivor is killed they will respawn as a random killer with no perks or add ons. Killers that successfully Mori a survivor earn 1,000 BP. The longer a survivor lives, the larger the bloodpoint bonus at the end.
    First Survivor Killed earns 2500 BP
    Second Survivor Killed earns 3000 BP
    Third Survivor Killed earns 5000 BP
    Fourth Survivor Killed earns 7000 BP
    Fifth Survivor Killed earns 10,000 BP
    Sixth Survivor Killed earns 15,000 BP
    Last Survivor Killed earns 20,000 BP
    Randomly Selected Killer earns 10,000 BP
    Survivors can work on generators, but it takes completion of all 7 generators to power the exit gate. Any survivors that actually escape via the exit gate earn the standard 5,000 BP. Survivors aren't realistically going to escape, nor is it really the goal. The real goal is to be the last survivor alive.

    3 Life Survivors: Survivors have 3 "lives". When the killer catches and puts them on a hook the survivor loses 1 life and is put in a ghost world for 45 seconds after losing the first life and 30 seconds after losing the second life. While the survivor is in the ghost world they can not interact with any objects other than ones that can be vaulted. The world appears black and white and the survivor can not see or touch the other players. They can, however, move at 85% normal move speed to explore the map to find the locations of generators, chests, and totems (though ghost players can not tell the difference between active and inactive totems). The survivor will also earn some bloodpoints for distance traveled in the ghost world.
    After the timer is up the survivor will appear on a random hook at least 32 meters away from the killers current location. The survivor on the hook will see the shroud indication from Insidious around them. This indicates that the killer can not see them on the hook. In fact, the hook that the survivor is on will appear broken to the killer. Other survivors can see the aura of the hooked survivor and unhook them normally at which point they are back in the game. While a survivor is hooked there is no progress meter and there is no struggle phase. Survivors can attempt to free themselves from the hook, but the baseline success chance is 0% for the first attempt and increases by 1% for each attempt after. Attempts for the survivor to free themselves will take 4 seconds. If all the survivors are either dead, in ghost world time out, or hooked then the killer wins. Survivors hooked in the basement are sent to the ghost world for an additional 30 seconds. Perk Slippery Meat is locked in this game mode (since it wouldn't really do anything).

    Many of these ideas would take a minimal amount of time to put together but would definitely be a breath of fresh air.

  • @DawnMad said:

    It sounds like you are burnt out, normal for anyone with any game. Instead of hoping the game to change you should try playing different games and come back to DbD when you feel like it. Happy new year :)

    You too! And I doubt I would quit for good. I put way too much time into this game lmao

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    I've been beating this drum for a while now but this game needs alternate modes to play.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/17700/alternate-game-modes

    Many of these ideas would take a minimal amount of time to put together but would definitely be a breath of fresh air.

    I don't want queue times to be worse than they already are. Will have to pass on this one.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/957089#Comment_957089

    I don't want queue times to be worse than they already are. Will have to pass on this one.

    If you bothered reading the first couple lines of the post you would see that what I'm proposing wouldn't increase queue times at all. In fact it should generate more interest in the game and return players which would mean lower queue times.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/957092#Comment_957092

    If you bothered reading the first couple lines of the post you would see that what I'm proposing wouldn't increase queue times at all. In fact it should generate more interest in the game and return players which would mean lower queue times.

    I don't think it will at all but to each their own ig.

  • I feel the same way. I actually started to play Apex again cus I’ve been so bored in dbd lately.

    hopefully something fun will happen soon to make the game enjoyable again :’-)

  • Why not play another game then?

  • @Slaughterhouse3 said:

    And I say this with sadness :/ I really do not ever feel like playing lately. As a killer main even though killers all have different abilities, the game now feels repetitive. As survivor? Even worse....this is not a go at the devs or anything because I understand that they want to keep the game the way they wanna keep it, but I wish they would at least change up survivor objectives a little.

    -No I am not a salty killer main lol I loved to play SWF with my pals but even they feel the same lately.

    I feel you. Most of my boredom (and frustration) as killer comes from

    A. Survivors knowing where I am all the time

    1. Preventing me from jumpscaring survivors in unexpected places

    B. Me knowing where survivors are all the time

    These two aspects create gameplay that involves a feeling of lack of agency, and it often reduces the entire match to a computer's calculation of movement speed and hitbox size.

    Chance encounters with survivors are practically zero, and those chases often last so short to be a viable source of variation in chase.

    For survivor, my frustration comes as a result of the lack of variety in chases. I'm not an expert, so I know that no matter what I do, even against a killer of my own skill level, I will go down after some time. Knowing that really sucks the tension out of a chase.

    Additionally, I am constantly pressured by the game to perform at maximum efficiency as a survivor, and that often means pressuring generators I don't want to in order to avoid a 3 gen or taking a down or an injury just to finish a gen before a killer can come over with PGTW. It can be hellish and unfun. I feel like my only chance to finish the gens and escape the trial forces me to rely on luck and abuse the lack of map pressure a killer can apply.

    Some of my favorite gameplay came around when there was only the killer and me left on the trial with a number of gens to go and a potential option for hatch. The EGC removed that for me. I wouldn't have minded as much if the killer could just close the hatch or if I had to complete a gen after everyone was dead in order for the hatch to open. What the devs implemented was more of this same feeling of not being able to take my survival into my own hands and use my skill and tools to escape.

    All of this eventually made me stop playing for a month. I came back because of my obsession with completing things (The Archive), and this was mainly for Putrid Serum. I'm doing my best next time to not even start it so that I don't feel bound to finish it.

    I hope my explanation of some of the causes behind my frustration helps someone else out.

    Best wishes into the New Year,

    Kind Lemon