I just want to finish my challenges.

Before I "rant". Whats up everyone! I've stalked(lol) this forum for a bit but only registered today.

(cries) 5 out of 6 traps for the "Hungry Jaws" challenge and this happens...

For some context they got 3 gens done (I finished setting up before they did the 3rd) and one baby meg(the rank 14) kept trying to loop me, wasting tons of pallets and feeding my stbfl in the process. I got a pre-trapped basement hook on her and the rest is history. Three were trapped and downed 20 seconds after I hooked meg, then the dc's started happening..

I'm not going to lie I was a bit salty, but why dc? Why do people do this? Just take your loss and move on, I just want to finish these challenges.

Also why are survivors so altruistic? I know you get bp for it but really? 2 people rushed the basement at the same time, one trying to body block while the other charged right past me to get the unhook.

Screenshot_1.png


Comments

  • Just farm for the 6 traps. Easy.

  • @xenofon13 said:

    Just farm for the 6 traps. Easy.

    That's the only way It's going to get done, just sucks I will probably never get most of these challenges done due to actually playing well. No pride in it ya'know? Idk maybe im thinking about it too much.

  • I had this happen once for my 4 basement sacrifices game and that apparently makes me very lucky. Most people I've talked to had survivors DC 4 or 5 times.

  • @StrictlyEvil007 said:

    I'm surprised you are having difficulty with this challenge, the hardest one hands down is the basement challenge where you must sacrifice all 4 in the basement. Same issue though DC's the difference being once they see your build they can pretty much know what you're doing so if they feel like base dicks they can just DC and only one of them needs to leave to make the whole game invalid (for the challenge of course)

    Yea that one is insane! I JUST finished that one yesterday and omg it took 5 DAYS. The survivors knew I was doing that one tho because after 2 hooks they kinda gave up and let me hook them. they even stayed after death to say congrats and gg lol

  • @Nonfunctional said:

    I had this happen once for my 4 basement sacrifices game and that apparently makes me very lucky. Most people I've talked to had survivors DC 4 or 5 times.

    Yea I got lucky too, Everyone knows how hard that challenge is so most are understanding if they see you're running a basement build.

  • I've been kicked in the jewels a few times on those stupid trapper challenges. One time I got it, but forgot to switch to to proper challenge. Second time, I had all but one, they wrecked me, I set a trap in front of one at the exit gate and booked it to the other side of the map. She disarmed it and escaped.

  • @Ledgy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954652#Comment_954652

    That's the only way It's going to get done, just sucks I will probably never get most of these challenges done due to actually playing well. No pride in it ya'know? Idk maybe im thinking about it too much.

    Most challenges are very frustrating and toxic so you can farm, have a good time, blood points, and get these challenges done without ended up with headache.

  • @xenofon13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954658#Comment_954658

    Most challenges are very frustrating and toxic so you can farm, had a good time, blood points, and get these challenges done without ended up with headache.

    Yea took your advice and I just got it done, helped 2 survivors get the damn dark sense challenge done too so win-win :D.

  • Trapping 6 people in traps is really easy. Use common sense with trap placement, don't trap in the most obvious places, and use one of the add ons that darken traps. #########. Are people really that bad as Trapper??

  • Glad to hear that! Good luck on your next challenges and have fun :)

  • @LOA said:

    Trapping 6 people in traps is really easy. Use common sense with trap placement, don't trap in the most obvious places, and use one of the add ons that darken traps. #########. Are people really that bad as Trapper??

    Yes, I am proof that people can suck at Trappy daddy

  • @LOA said:

    Trapping 6 people in traps is really easy. Use common sense with trap placement, don't trap in the most obvious places, and use one of the add ons that darken traps. #########. Are people really that bad as Trapper??

    No, it's not "really easy", don't be a d**c. I haven't see trapper getting 6 traps in a while on red ranks. 1-5 most common.

  • @xenofon13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/954829#Comment_954829

    No, it's not "really easy", don't be a d**c. I haven't see trapper getting 6 traps in a while on red ranks. 1-5 most common.

    Sorry for you. You must be facing people who dont play against him much. I can get Six people in traps without even trying. But...I am a Trapper God.

  • All i can say to people bitching about killer challenges. Alot of survivor challenges are equally annoying and i PROMISE since i cant just be nice and set the pace of the game is is monumentally harder to just "farm" challenges. If a killer wants to kill me he can. I cant just keep emoting at a pallet and he just goes along with it. The only saving grace (and answer to youre altruism question) is alot of it is what you should be doing anyways. Unhooking, healing, doing generators, dropping pallets while being chased, etc etc.