This new ranking system sucks
This ranking system sucks. I am trying to learn a new killer but now thanks to the new ranking system I will never be able to go past rank 5 unless I depip. Whatever happened to those ranks for different killers discussion that was going around. If that is still being worked on then nvm to this but if it isn't that really hurts people in red ranks who want to try out different killers. I don't like having to try hard in the majority of my games playing the same killer to get a chance to win. Its annoying and aggerating.
In space coconut's vid(to lazy to find it), he talks about how the ranking system is going to allow everyone to become into red ranks. It makes complete sense. Nobody is going to go down in ranking very much so everyone will just be going higher and higher until they get into red ranks. Then they will be stuck in red ranks. This whole ranking system and rank reset need huge changing in the coming year. Imo, I would not mind only 2 chapters next year in favor of balance and optimization updates for the game. It is in major need of quality of life updates and balance changes rather than new chapters.
Comments
I suspect the idea of having different ranks for different killers is still floating around. Here is a quote from a post I made summarising all the information we got in the latest dev stream:
There are some who are disappointed with the new system because they relied on rank reset to be able to try out new killers that they weren’t so good at, against less skilled opponents. The devs are aware of this problem with the current rank system and the fact that it has only one “mode”, and they would like to try to address it, but they can’t yet specify exactly when or how.
Probably in seven years, because unless it comes to nerfing killers or slapping out cosmetics, they are as slow as molasses.
It's worse now, though, with whatever flub they added to the matchmaking which makes it nearly non existent.
at least they are aware. I didn't know they were. I figured they gave up on the idea