After a multitude of hours farming for the oni..I've figured out his problem
So ever since the oni turning change hes very slowly played and understandably so..his running attack is horrible and slow and stiff..he cant lunge in his power like a normal killer so small loops are too safe, and when you do lunge visibility is absolutely atrocious..they have plans to update his turning but I dont think itll work as people hope because of the massive turn cap which was made way too hastily..
Now here's the issues I've noticed which are going to remain issues..
1..I recently discovered that bushes and small obstacles like them..hurt the oni badly..as he cant lunge normally and cant turn in his lunge you have to go for a point blank m1..but terrain hitboxes are so disjointed that he physically cant attack..
2.. even at basic tiles he has no real answers for it and is forced to try and swing..which at best will get you a pallet..but..its a huntress situation where your forced to use your power which means theres no other plays to make..only this is worse as huntress can still lunge around corners while oni cannot.
And then it hit me..demo Gorgan, billy, and even leather face all can bust up pallets with their powers..but but unlike oni they have one more very useful tool despite the fact oni only has this power in short bursts...The ability to cancel his attack...When I vsd the oni I came to realize how big of an issue this was..I could burn a massive amount of his power just by running because he HAS to swing at the pallet when he winds up..and with the nerfs..its perfectly sage to cut right and keep going multiple times..because I know he cant stop it and he cant turn it..this..is atrocious..his power give amoled warning and has severe limitations already in place..but this above all Is holding him back. If this isnt corrected I fear oni will not have the tools to use his power in high ranks as more and more people discover this gaping flaw..
Thank you for reading
Comments
@Peanits I feel this is very urgent to look at as oni has a patch on the way...pls do pass it on if you can