Hey Devs

Your rules have explained to me "please don't make light of issues like cancer" but yet your own game has descriptions like......

"The Mist seems to protect us from the beast, but it is a poison, a cancer, filling us with darkness and insanity." — Unknown, Notebook"

Please remove this description from the game. It is offensive to my snowflake personality/

Thanks. .

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • so, this is obviously a bait, should we remove it?

  • Forum rules don't apply to the game. If this was a serious question, that's your answer.

    If this wasn't a serious question, may I refer you to the rule (which you've clearly read) which asks that users avoid posting bait on the forums.

  • I agree remove that text lmao

  • That seems strange, but I wouldn't discuss it here. That could get you another strike if you're not careful. The best thing to do would be to (calmly and courteously) take it up in private with the mod that jailed you

  • They might have gone to sleep, it was pretty late for some places in the world. Or maybe they had real life stuff to attend to - it is the holidays, after all.

    At any rate, all posting it here is going to do is get you that third strike, it's not going to help your jail get appealed. Be patient, speak to the mods about it, and see if they can resolve it. They're much more likely to listen if they don't see you making a fuss about it on the forums, which as I mentioned is not the right place for it.

    If the mod in question doesn't respond within the next 12-24 hours, you can contact a community coordinator via Discord. Their contact information can be found in this post here: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/87167/community-team-contact-info#latest

  • It's a game description m8. Play another game if it hurts your snowflake personality. I'm very happy that we got active mods and community managers in these forums.

    I was an active member of the overwatch forums some time ago, but no mod was active ever, so a bunch of trolls began to flood the forums with shitposts and constant insults.

    I'm happy about our mods.

  • @FriendlyGuy said:

    It's a game description m8. Play another game if it hurts your snowflake personality. I'm very happy that we got active mods and community managers in these forums.

    I was an active member of the overwatch forums some time ago, but no mod was active ever, so a bunch of trolls began to flood the forums with shitposts and constant insults.

    I'm happy about our mods.

    You've been warned.

    * Please do not make light of serious issues (e.g. “This is cancer/aids”)

    Please dont use diseases to describe something frustrating/annoying


    I would argue that is exactly what this description is doing.

  • @Fibijean said:

    Forum rules don't apply to the game. If this was a serious question, that's your answer.

    If this wasn't a serious question, may I refer you to the rule (which you've clearly read) which asks that users avoid posting bait on the forums.

    Ah, so we should only selectively apply our idealism. Makes sense.

  • @Apple2o said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945563#Comment_945563

    You've been warned.

    * Please do not make light of serious issues (e.g. “This is cancer/aids”)

    Please dont use diseases to describe something frustrating/annoying

    I would argue that is exactly what this description is doing.

    Yes. I the game. Not in the forums. There are no game rules the game itself violates.

  • @Apple2o said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/945563#Comment_945563

    You've been warned.

    * Please do not make light of serious issues (e.g. “This is cancer/aids”)

    Please dont use diseases to describe something frustrating/annoying

    I would argue that is exactly what this description is doing.

    That's probably because you made a thread on an open forum anyone can read referencing the disease in the title.

    The game and forums have separate rules to abide by. It's not about being a snowflake but being conscious of a disease many have been affected by.

    When it's used on a forum its in a trivial sense to reference something you dislike in the game which makes light of the disease itself.

    The reference in the game depicts how terribly bad the mist is and is a commonly used expression for such things in many media as the disease is something which grows within so in the context it fits. It doesn't make light of it.

    So it's not the actual use of the word which is bad itself but the context its used in.

  • This is a public discussion platform with rules that are independent and can be different from the game.

    As other explained, the context is what creates the issue, since a lot of people commonly use that expression to describe unpleasant details in something as trivial as a videogame.

    It's all about respect after all and since the forum is public and everyone can read it, your words can be hurtful to others, even if you don't mean it, so to avoid these issues we have that rule (and to be fair it's a common rule in many platforms).