Give bonus to rift grind if you buy the pass

There needs to be some kind of incentive for me to purchase the pass before hitting level 70 and getting my guarantied auric cells back.

If you only needed like 8 shards to level up a tier or something that would be pretty neat I think. Thoughts?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Sorry, but I'm very strongly against this. One of my favourite things about the Rift is that, unlike other battlepass systems, it doesn't contain XP or progress boosters to incentivise players to buy the pass early. That is a predatory money-spinning tactic designed to encourage players to make impulsive, unwise financial choices, and I don't want to see it in DBD.

    The Rift pass is intentionally designed to allow players to make an informed and unpressured decision about how and when they spend money on the pass, without being disadvantaged in any way if they want to wait until they are satisfied with the rewards they have earned. And I think that is as it should be.

  • @Fibijean said:

    Sorry, but I'm very strongly against this. One of my favourite things about the Rift is that, unlike other battlepass systems, it doesn't contain XP or progress boosters to incentivise players to buy the pass early. That is a predatory money-spinning tactic designed to encourage players to make impulsive, unwise financial choices, and I don't want to see it in DBD.

    The Rift pass is intentionally designed to allow players to make an informed and unpressured decision about how and when they spend money on the pass, without being disadvantaged in any way if they want to wait until they are satisfied with the rewards they have earned. And I think that is as it should be.

    Well said, I look at Smite's battlepass and it is such a money grab it's gross. Everything in that game is. A living money grabber.

    I like DBD because it's not like that at all, sure you have to buy chapters to play them, but they give the community so much, to the point where I like to spend money in their shops to support them. These Devs deserve it <3