Assuming you were playing solo, the best explanation I can give is that, when it comes to the survivors, the rank 13 was well within the 6-rank bracket, and for ranks 17-20 there is no limit on how many ranks above they can be matched with.
As for the killer, it's possible that the above exception for grey ranks extends to rank 16 as well, but I'm not entirely sure. Otherwise, it was probably the bug where the system receives incorrect rank information from the killer and so matches them with survivors of the wrong ranks.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
It sucks and all, but wrong section bud.
Assuming you were playing solo, the best explanation I can give is that, when it comes to the survivors, the rank 13 was well within the 6-rank bracket, and for ranks 17-20 there is no limit on how many ranks above they can be matched with.
As for the killer, it's possible that the above exception for grey ranks extends to rank 16 as well, but I'm not entirely sure. Otherwise, it was probably the bug where the system receives incorrect rank information from the killer and so matches them with survivors of the wrong ranks.