Console DC penalty
This is just a scream for help directed to the Devs.
Playing on console right now can be very, very frustrating - I play both survivor (solo - rank 4) and killer (rank 1) and I honestly see at least a couple of DCs every two or three games as a survivor, while as killer the DCs happen almost invariantly when you can imagine:
- down someone very early in the game
- someone fails his DS skill check
- second to last survivor just downed to give the other the hatch
- when it's apparent I'm trying to do a challenge
I understand you are working on DC penalty on PC, and I suppose those penalties cannot be enabled without dedicated servers, but since you have some very, very deliberate challenges in your Tomes please hurry up :(.
...and again, I remind you Devs why certain challenges are wrong, with a quote coming from one of my previous threads (link here):
Avoid challenges that are 100% counterable once understood by the opposite party
To sacrifice 4 survivors in the basement is impossible if any survivor DCs or simply run far away from the basement just to spite you (and they will). To hook a survivor 4 times (or even more) in the basement is totally ok instead.
Comments
Running away from the basement is a smart play as survivor in case you didn't know. I agree console needs DC penalties to accompany new tomes.
I think you don't get it - people will just run to the corner to the map, not even trying to juke the killer, just to not get hooked in the basement - they don't care if they get hooked elsewhere.
Even if they are the last survivor.
Of course trying to avoid a basement hook is smart during normal gameplay, but once the game is basically over that's done just to deny your challenge. There was also a thread a couple of days ago, where one survivor continued to do this thing because the killer wanted the basement hook but couldn't get it, and eventually the survivor DCd because he was taken hostage. Go figure.
Isn't it impossible for the last survivor to avoid a basement hook? Or am I underestimating wiggle off stun?
it depends on the map I suppose, plus even if you are able to close the distance to the basement of a few meters every down - struggle - stun cycle, you just need one mistake and you have to do it all again.
Yeah yeah, baby killer's fault and whatever.. that's really beyond the point I was making with challenges 100% counterable by the opposite party.
True I guess they can have a good window setup that denies you any progress towards the basement but I feel like a proper basement build negates this chance.