An Issue with the DC Penalty System

So I was loading into a match and I guess I never connected, which forced the match to cancel. I get to the main menu and have a 2 minute DC penalty timer. While I'm in favor of a DC penalty, why should it affect someone who was unable to connect to the match?

I don't normally have much trouble loading into matches, but if I do it is generally before the match has even begun. The penalty should not apply to people who couldn't connect to the match before it even began. It should just apply to those who leave mid-match. It also should be more lenient to those who disconnect due to network issues, because there are times where things are running smoothly and then out of nowhere someone just lags out. Then again I'm not sure how well their system can detect the cause of the DC, which could be why I got punished for not connecting to the match.

Comments

  • In all honesty, the DC penalty system is going to go against people DCing for legitimate reasons. The people who get angry and DC will just suicide on hook. Most games with DC penalties only have them because you are able to rejoin the match if something goes wrong, but that's not the case with DBD.

    Not only that, but if you are stuck and cant move, bugged out, or basement glitched, you will get penalized for leaving, which is such a flawed system atm.

    This game doesn't need a DC penalty, but just needs to track when people are abusing the DC system. I really hope it doesn't last.

  • For example, just yesterday, I was kicked from my match, because it couldn't "update my rank". Why would I get penalized for that? Why would I get penalized for leaving a match when I get stuck in a tree? or generator?

    But in the grand scheme of things, if the system seems like it's not ridding the "bad seeds", and ridding the more unfortunate, then I'm sure/hopeful that BHVR won't push through with the system.