A question for everyone about a different game mode. (2v8)
So, as the title suggests, when dedicated servers are working properly and released for all platforms, would there even be a 2v8? Because having peer to peer on a 2v8 would be hell. Anyway, I know we all talked about it before, though I have absolutely no clue if the developers even threw their opinion out about this. I know they know about it, but I don't know what their views for it are. But, I have a question for everyone. Let's say they are working on it.
How would it exactly work? How would the killers work out? How would the survivors work out?
Are they just going to increase the gens required by an additional five?
Would the maps need to be bigger?
How would the spawning work out? Since you could still spawn in front of the killer. It's happened to me numerous times.
Can the killers be anyone they want?
You wouldn't be able to play as the same killers?
You both can't play as two trapping characters? Trapper and Hag, but only one can be one of those two, I imagine that it could be extremely frustrating. I step in a bear trap and the hag teleports on top of me to go and hook me. At least you would have a chance to escape a bear trap normally.
Would they rework killers slightly for this game mode?
How in the heck would The Pig work out? Don't get me wrong, I love the oinky girl as much as anyone. She was my first main when I started. But Imagine Trapper and Pig. The Pig puts a RBT on a survivor and a gen pops. They gotta get this trap off now. They run to a box and there's bear traps just scattered every where. Or worse case, it's in front of the box. Let's add two of the best coils for the traps and the gears for the RBTS. Good luck.
Don't get me wrong. I would LOVE a 2v8, but you have to admit that there could be serious flaws if unchecked. What if some killers don't match with others? Though, The Pig would have a lot of killers making her traps easier to get a kill with. Freaking Doctor and Trapper would make it extremely difficult to get the Traps off. What do you think? I made this post to mainly have a discussion with everyone, if a dev or mod throws their opinion in, that would be amazing. I'm just curious what would happen in this hypothetical game mode.
Comments
Instead of thinking of it as a 2v8 they could do a "killer 1v1"
On the your lobby screen you see the 4 survivors that the other killer has to kill and vice-versa
The killer who either kills all their survivors or who has the most kills "wins"
Think of it as Red Rover... where 1 killer spawns with "his/her team" the survivors have to run to the other side of the map and complete a # of gens to open the gate on their side and run back without getting killed
WE WANT A NEW GAME MODE FOR VARIETY.
Repairing gens got boring years ago.
I'd like a gamemode with 2 killers just because I want to chill and kill with some mates. Even if I get my face kicked in because of an imba gamemode it would be fun with a mate.
Doesn't need to be balanced either just hectic and fun. Can't imagine what else you'd want with that many players in a game.
^^^^ so true