New perma speed boost bug?
so I was unhooking someone and while I was unhooking them the killer M1ed me. I still had time for a speed boost but something weird happened. I was semi mini slingshotting the entire time I got the speed boost from being M1ed. but it never stopped. I was in a perma speed boost state and the entire time I was mini slingshotting as if I had bad lag. not enough to be unberable but enough to where it was super noticeable. basically I was faster than the killer and I never got hit from that point on. later I dropped off an edge and it seemed to reset it and fix itself. but until then I was in a perma speed boost state and unable to be caught by the killer. has anyone else had this bug happen to them before?
Comments
I had that happen to me prior to Oni’s release on a Badham map. Just like you, it was permanent until I fell a ways. Killer was wholly unable to catch me. Had to explain I had no idea what happened or how to them in the postgame chat since I felt bad about it - not my fault the game glitched but it was the only reason I lived.
Report the bug in-game and in the forums (better if you have evidence).
BHVR can work to fix this before it becomes a major issue.
This happened to me before, I activated balanced landing and never lost my speed boost. I ended up fixing it by activating balanced again after I lost exhaustion.
I also saw someone with the speed boost while playing killer recently. Fortunately the match was basically over so I didn't have to deal with the gnarly speeds this man had.
If I’d’ve thought to record it I would’ve. As is I didn’t have any evidence or any real understanding of how it triggered. If it happens to me again I’ll remember to press the record button though (I use the passive “record the last three minutes” feature for Nvidia)