Oni isn't as bad as some think on console.
I play on Xbox and I'm a rank 1 killer and consistently hold the rank and get 4ks very often. (watch me get dominated for saying that now because life does that doesn't it?) Something that drew my attention was Oni. Now when I first started playing Oni I got wrecked, end of story. I thought he was terrible with the turning being soo much harder than PC and he was garbage on console etc.
Until, I got better... Oni has quickly become one of my best killers now. I am butchering survivors in the power and out and making some sick moves with the club. He is harder to play but that only makes him a more skilled character on console. The club smack from dash Is when he's at his strongest he turns very well then you just need to learn what he can and can't do and separate him from PC Oni. I only played Oni today and didn't drop from rank 1 and got 3 4ks in a row other times were 3ks with hatch. He takes more prediction and build up with the club im still learning how long to hold the attack button to as quickly as possible go for the one hit that's a challenge right now but I will get there.
People want nerfs, people want buffs the cycle will never end. However, I believe console Oni is the epitome of balanced. He is HARD to play and he rewards highly for skill. He can be outplayed too the amount of times I've missed the club over a skillful survivor dodge. Console Oni needs to be separated from the other platforms. Should something happen on pc, like his turn get nerfed that shouldn't apply to console. There needs to be a complete separation of how the killers are performing on the different platforms as console Oni is a balanced Oni I think. He just takes time, and practice. Some killers take more than others, and he's one of them like nurse. And holy cow is he fun to play. Very well designed. Visually and from a gameplay perspective.
Comments