Simple objective will only carry DBD so far
While I wish there was more to do in DBD I see the devs won't ever change that and when its life cycle ends it will still remain the same. Survivors have a easy to do objective if you aren't totally brain dead ad can hit skill checks, I don't believe ruin really matters much on the whole of DBD.
DBD is very dated but it lucky in that its genre is very niche hence it does well despite having numerous issues including bugs,messed up ranking,bad grind. However in his industry another game will eventually come along and do it better. Also the cosmetic prices are full of pure greed sure they look cool but $10 cool? battle pass is also ethically questionable as you don't get value just your money back.
Comments
Many games tried to replace dbd. Not one did it.