Emblems emplained

I have found 4 different web pages that state 4 different pieces of information on how emblems work. I couldn't find anything here in this forum from a dev explaining it. So I was curious, exactly how much of the gens does one need to get each emblem. How much healing and unhook? It obviously isn't based on blood points because I can get maxed and still not get top level, but I get top level when not maxed.

None of the web sites seem to have accurate information as I tested it out (270 points with 1 gen = 100 points) When you do 2 full gens, 1 hex that is supposed to be 50 and 1 dull totem that is suppose to be 20, that should be 270).

I seen a web site say 350 points. But that seems extremely high as that would be 3.5 gens. Rarely anyone gets that since there is only 5 unless everyone coops the whole time.

So the system is nice, but an explanation from the devs would be awesome so that we could understand the finer details better.


PS - on web site the math made it impossible for a killer to get the best emblem (my doctor does all the time so I knew it was ludicrious). I know that 2 gens remaining is the best, 1 gen is gold, 0 gens is silver, them escaping is bronze).

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • You're correct about the bloodpoints - rank has not been bloodpoints-related since the release of the emblem system.

    The system has been changed several times, so many of the websites you used may have had outdated information. The best website to use for up-to-date information on emblems, in my experience, is the official wiki on Gamepedia. I have used this to get emblems in the past and have always found it accurate to the ingame experience. I've put together an explanation of the emblems below which should hopefully address all your questions, but feel free to ask if you have any more:

    Lightbringer

    For the Lightbringer emblem, you need 190 points to achieve Iridescent. That's the equivalent of repairing 1.9 generators solo. If you're repairing a generator cooperatively, you'll only get half the emblem points you would if you did it alone. Dull totems are worth 20 Lightbringer points, and Hex totems are worth 50, unless you cleanse them while "in a chase" (which can happen if the killer discovers you cleansing them) in which case they are worth significantly less. You also get points for other things in this category, but those are the most reliable methods. Check the wiki for details.

    Unbroken

    For Unbroken, as you may know, you need to escape without being downed to achieve Iridescent. If you escape but were downed at any point, you receive Gold. If you don't escape but survived more than 9 minutes, you receive Silver, if you don't escape but survive for between 5-9 minutes you receive Bronze, and if you survive for less than 5 minutes you receive nothing in this category.

    Benevolent

    Benevolent is the easiest emblem to do well in. You need 80 points for Iridescent, and you start at 35 points, which means you can achieve it by safely unhooking two people (20 points each) and healing one of them (10 points). Bear in mind that, like generator repairs, you will receive a lot less emblem points for healing if you do it cooperatively. This is the easiest way to achieve Iridescent Benevolent, but you can also get points in this category with things like protection hits and strategic hook sabotage. Again, see the wiki for details.

    Evader

    Evader is the most difficult emblem. You get points by being near the killer and being chased by them, but the maths is more complicated than just "action = X points". Honestly, I still don't fully understand how Evader works. Even if you do, it's very difficult to keep track of how well you're doing in this emblem while ingame, because so many of the points are accumulated incidentally rather than through intended actions. I would advise checking the wiki yourself for this one.

    Killer emblems (gatekeeper)

    Regarding your postscript: I think you or your friend may have read a website like the wiki and misunderstood how the Gatekeeper emblem works. Admittedly, it's not very well worded. You need 900 points for an Iridescent emblem. Five generators remaining at the end of the trial nets 600 points, and you receive 5 points "for each Generator remaining for each elapsed minute (capped at 9 minutes)". The part that the wiki doesn't explicitly mention is that the generators increase in value the longer they are defended. So the way I understand it is this: if one minute has elapsed and 5 generators still remained, you receive 25 (1 x 5 x 5) points. If two minutes have elapsed and 5 generators still remain, you receive 50 (2 x 5 x 5) points. After 3 minutes, 75 points, etcetera. So it is possible to receive Iridescent Gatekeeper even if no generators remain at the end of the trial, if you managed to prevent any generators from being completed during the first 8 minutes (25 + 50 + 75 + 100 + 125 + 150 + 175 + 200 = 900) of the trial.


    Here's a link to the wiki page on Emblems for your reference: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Emblems

  • Thank you, this makes more sense. So coop only giving half is why I will get gold instead of Iridescent sometimes. Every website never mentioned this part yet it explains a lot. Thanks!

  • @WillWolf76 said:

    Thank you, this makes more sense. So coop only giving half is why I will get gold instead of Iridescent sometimes. Every website never mentioned this part yet it explains a lot. Thanks!

    No problem! Feel free to ask if you have any more questions about it ๐Ÿ˜Š

  • @Fibijean said:

    You're correct about the bloodpoints - rank has not been bloodpoints-related since the release of the emblem system.

    The system has been changed several times, so many of the websites you used may have had outdated information. The best website to use for up-to-date information on emblems, in my experience, is the official wiki on Gamepedia. I have used this to get emblems in the past and have always found it accurate to the ingame experience. I've put together an explanation of the emblems below which should hopefully address all your questions, but feel free to ask if you have any more:

    Lightbringer

    For the Lightbringer emblem, you need 190 points to achieve Iridescent. That's the equivalent of repairing 1.9 generators solo. If you're repairing a generator cooperatively, you'll only get half the emblem points you would if you did it alone. Dull totems are worth 20 Lightbringer points, and Hex totems are worth 50, unless you cleanse them while "in a chase" (which can happen if the killer discovers you cleansing them) in which case they are worth significantly less. You also get points for other things in this category, but those are the most reliable methods. Check the wiki for details.

    Unbroken

    For Unbroken, as you may know, you need to escape without being downed to achieve Iridescent. If you escape but were downed at any point, you receive Gold. If you don't escape but survived more than 9 minutes, you receive Silver, if you don't escape but survive for between 5-9 minutes you receive Bronze, and if you survive for less than 5 minutes you receive nothing in this category.

    Benevolent

    Benevolent is the easiest emblem to do well in. You need 80 points for Iridescent, and you start at 35 points, which means you can achieve it by safely unhooking two people (20 points each) and healing one of them (10 points). Bear in mind that, like generator repairs, you will receive a lot less emblem points for healing if you do it cooperatively. This is the easiest way to achieve Iridescent Benevolent, but you can also get points in this category with things like protection hits and strategic hook sabotage. Again, see the wiki for details.

    Evader

    Evader is the most difficult emblem. You get points by being near the killer and being chased by them, but the maths is more complicated than just "action = X points". Honestly, I still don't fully understand how Evader works. Even if you do, it's very difficult to keep track of how well you're doing in this emblem while ingame, because so many of the points are accumulated incidentally rather than through intended actions. I would advise checking the wiki yourself for this one.

    Killer emblems (gatekeeper)

    Regarding your postscript: I think you or your friend may have read a website like the wiki and misunderstood how the Gatekeeper emblem works. Admittedly, it's not very well worded. You need 900 points for an Iridescent emblem. Five generators remaining at the end of the trial nets 600 points, and you receive 5 points "for each Generator remaining for each elapsed minute (capped at 9 minutes)". The part that the wiki doesn't explicitly mention is that the generators increase in value the longer they are defended. So the way I understand it is this: if one minute has elapsed and 5 generators still remained, you receive 25 (1 x 5 x 5) points. If two minutes have elapsed and 5 generators still remain, you receive 50 (2 x 5 x 5) points. After 3 minutes, 75 points, etcetera. So it is possible to receive Iridescent Gatekeeper even if no generators remain at the end of the trial, if you managed to prevent any generators from being completed during the first 8 minutes (25 + 50 + 75 + 100 + 125 + 150 + 175 + 200 = 900) of the trial.

    Here's a link to the wiki page on Emblems for your reference: https://deadbydaylight.gamepedia.com/Emblems

    That web site I saw, and it was the Gatekeeper that made me think it was inaccurate. Your explanation makes more sense.

  • @WillWolf76 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/900434#Comment_900434

    That web site I saw, but if you look at Gatekeeper, you need 900 points for Iridescent and while reading all the ways of getting points, you can't earn 900 points. You can get 600 points if 5 gens are left at the end of a trial which would leave you 300 short and only 225 award for 9 minutes of all 5 gens not done after 9 minutes giving you only Gold with a total of 825 max earned. This is why I didn't trust this web page, because the information is definitely not accurate at least for this category.

    As I explained towards the end of my original comment, I think you may be misunderstanding the way the "5 points for each Generator remaining for each elapsed minute" thing works. The formula is more complicated than it seems, because you actually receive more points per generator for each minute that elapses. Instead of a flat rate of 25 a minute with 5 gens remaining, the 25 is multiplied by the number of minutes that have elapsed. I'll quote what I said in my comment above and hopefully that will clarify it.

    If one minute has elapsed and 5 generators still remain, you receive 25 (1 x 5 x 5) points. If two minutes have elapsed and 5 generators still remain, you receive another 50 (2 x 5 x 5) points. After 3 minutes, 75 points, etcetera. So it is possible to receive Iridescent Gatekeeper even if no generators remain at the end of the trial, if you managed to prevent any generators from being completed during the first 8 minutes (25 + 50 + 75 + 100 + 125 + 150 + 175 + 200 = 900) of the trial.

    So basically, the information on the wiki was totally correct, it was just badly explained.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/903013#Comment_903013

    As I explained towards the end of my original comment, I think you may be misunderstanding the way the "5 points for each Generator remaining for each elapsed minute" thing works. The formula is more complicated than it seems, because you actually receive more points per generator for each minute that elapses, not just a flat rate of 25 a minute. I'll quote what I said in my comment above and hopefully that will clarify it.

    If one minute has elapsed and 5 generators still remain, you receive 25 (1 x 5 x 5) points. If two minutes have elapsed and 5 generators still remain, you receive 50 (2 x 5 x 5) points. After 3 minutes, 75 points, etcetera. So it is possible to receive Iridescent Gatekeeper even if no generators remain at the end of the trial, if you managed to prevent any generators from being completed during the first 8 minutes (25 + 50 + 75 + 100 + 125 + 150 + 175 + 200 = 900) of the trial.

    So basically, the information on the wiki was totally correct, it was just badly explained.

    Yeah, I edited my response right before you posted this as I didn't read that part until after the initial post. Then I went back an edited it because I realized I was a fool and should have read your explanation first before commenting on the article.

  • @WillWolf76 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/903024#Comment_903024

    Yeah, I edited my response right before you posted this as I didn't read that part until after the initial post. Then I went back an edited it because I realized I was a fool and should have read your explanation first before commenting on the article.

    No worries, all good. Glad it makes sense now!