Can someone please explain what a totem and a hex is?

I've read the tips countless times and I still don't understand it.

What is a hex? What is a totem?

Is a totem those alters on the map that can be destroyed?

I'm thinking they weaken the killer's abilities but I'm not sure how.

Thanks all.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Hex is a perk that is only active when its associated totem is still standing.

    A totem is a sort of... pile of sticks and skulls. Multiple totems exist on every map always, but the ones that have a perk associated with them are glowing. Below is a pic of a glowing totem. As a survivor you can dismantle a totem by interacting with it.

    The_Hags_totem.jpg


    In other words: killers Hex perk is a perk that survivors can disable by taking down the totem. The totem spawns are more or less random and can sometimes be hidden pretty well, sometimes not.

    ps. Only the killer has Hex perks, if that wasn't obvious.

  • Thank you.

    I think I've seen one of these glowing totems behind a wall. Any idea how to get to it as a survivor to destroy it?

  • @The_Meh_Teh said:

    Thank you.

    I think I've seen one of these glowing totems behind a wall. Any idea how to get to it as a survivor to destroy it?

    Get around the wall? They are always interactable..

  • Weird, I tried and could not find a way in. Oh well.

  • @The_Meh_Teh

    Please note that the "fire animation" that the Hex totems give off are bugged at the moment... so unless they're glowing orange than it's just a regular unlit totem.

    Otherwise, if it's glowing orange or the fire effect actually works in-game than that is a Hex Totem!

  • @The_Meh_Teh said:

    Okay, thanks!

    No problemo, good luck!