Blowouts and win/loss streaks

I feel like the matchmaking system in the game would benefit greatly from tracking win and loss streaks and using said data to add to the matchmaking algorithm (if they're already doing that, it doesn't seem like it). It is all too frequent that I hop in a survivor lobby and immediately empathize with one or all of the others on my team on having a bad run of things that day, and big surprise, the game is a blowout loss in pretty short order more often than not. Even if you say "Oh, you're just tilted," matching some not-tilted players with them will help alleviate that problem instead of sticking four tilted survivors together. The game already has a HUGE problem with blowouts in either direction in my observation, and I believe the game as a whole would benefit from better matchmaking and making trials overall closer and more competitive.

Do I know a solid solution to the problem? Absolutely not. I'm a pretty average player, sitting at rank 7 killer and rank 8 survivor, and have gone on huge loss streaks more than ever recently. If this is the experience of others in the game, especially newer players, I can see why people who haven't quite invested as much time/cash into the game as I have would bail out. That being said, I still love Dead by Daylight and just want to see it succeed and appeal to more people. Anyone else experience this or have thoughts on a solution?

Comments