What is the basement bug
I have been hearing a lot of questions about this bug but I don’t know exactly what it is.
Tagged:
Trusted
I have been hearing a lot of questions about this bug but I don’t know exactly what it is.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
There is a bug in the latest patch where survivors will sometimes fall out of the world and be unable to escape when hooked in the basement. It doesn't happen all the time, though, and from what I've seen the triggering of the bug appears to be random.
@slaya
What Fibijean said, the bug happens a lot less often than people think... and in a lot of games you won't be hooked in the basement that much UNLESS it's a basement specific challenge they're doing for example.
You'll be fine, but if you notice your camera going into the skybox because you were hooked in the basement, than that's why. The issue should be resolved soon since a lot of people have made BHVR aware of it, so don't worry about it too much.
however
If the bug happens to you in-game than there isn't anything you can do about it i'm afraid... you'll eventually get found in there if you just stand still (because of the crows that proc), so... yeah...
Like I said though, its fairly rare, mostly because Killers won't hook people in the basement UNLESS they're literally next to it OR they're doing a challenge for basement hooks.