Killers take forever to join a match

I love to play killers but I hate the fact that I need to wait over 10 minutes to find a game where as I can pick a Survivor and get matched within a minute or two. I live in Finland, I don't know if that has anything to do with the match making system. My internet connection is one of the fastest, and I have played DBDL on PC, xbox one, and Playstation 4. PC is a little bit faster, but only by 3-5 minutes at tops. The consoles, I don't even dare to play as a Killer on them anymore.

Many times when I start the game and want to play as a killer, I end up just quitting and playing something else as it takes too long to get a single match going.

I would like to know if the developers are actually working to fix this problem, do they even acknowledge it exists? I can't even enjoy buying new killers and skins when I don't even get to play with them. The slow connection has really affected my over-all experience to enjoy the game.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • The problem isn't your internet connection, it's a matter of the players in your region, and not really something the devs can "fix", at least not directly.

    Because DBD is a 4v1 game, for ideal matchmaking, the amount of people queuing for survivor should be four times as many as those queuing for killer. It sounds like in your region, more than 20% of people want to play killer, which means the ratio of killers to survivors is off and so killers get longer queues. It varies according to platform because the ratios might be slightly different for PC players in your area compared to console.

    The only thing the devs can really do to fix that is make killer less desirable to play, which I'm sure you'll agree is not a great idea.

    What I would recommend you do is do something else while waiting in the queue. Keep the game open and watch a movie or a TV show, play something on your phone, scroll through your social media app of choice, whatever you do in your downtime. Find something fun to do while you wait, and queuing for games will seem like much less of a chore.

  • Definitely depends on rank and location. As an East US/Canada player in green/purple ranks usually my killer queues are instant and my survivor queues take a while. It’s possible that when you’re trying to play there’s too many killers at your rank in your area so it’s having to search for a while. Here the survivor queues are waiting long enough they’ve maxed out their “how far away from our rank can we go?” So killers are routinely fighting survivors colors above them.

  • @Fibijean said:

    The problem isn't your internet connection, it's a matter of the players in your region, and not really something the devs can "fix", at least not directly.

    Because DBD is a 4v1 game, for ideal matchmaking, the amount of people queuing for survivor should be four times as many as those queuing for killer. It sounds like in your region, more than 20% of people want to play killer, which means the ratio of killers to survivors is off and so killers get longer queues. It varies according to platform because the ratios might be slightly different for PC players in your area compared to console.

    The only thing the devs can really do to fix that is make killer less desirable to play, which I'm sure you'll agree is not a great idea.

    What I would recommend you do is do something else while waiting in the queue. Keep the game open and watch a movie or a TV show, play something on your phone, scroll through your social media app of choice, whatever you do in your downtime. Find something fun to do while you wait, and queuing for games will seem like much less of a chore.

    I have been doing idle things that kill time as I wait to get to a match, that's all I can really do in my situation. It's a shame that the game has become like this. I remember the time when DBD was a new game and it was super easy to connect to games as a killer for months until the developers introduced some new match making system that changed the whole thing for me.