A few problems with hag and trapper changes
Finally, it's so nice to see some love given to the trap based killers, a part of the game i always found was an amazing concept, but poorly integrated into the game. I'm so happy i can play hag now as a main because as i said, i think traps are a great idea for killer powers, however there are still a few problems with both killers:
The Trapper:
Overall the trapper, despite being the original killer, was shown far less love than the hag, he got a quite nice time change to his trap placement time, and some serious addon buffs that are a great help, however it was not what he needed, and not done very well. His trap placing animation is messy and leads people to believe his entire buff was half-arsed. There are tonnes of bugs as i'm sure everyone has seen, from traps spawning floating, to survivors being able to walk over traps unaffected, to who knows what else. On top of this, the addon buffs weren't what The Trapper required, He required more buffs to his base power and not too many to his addons. Now we're left with a very strong killer if using addons, compared to an incredibly weak killer with no addons. Addons are supposed to slightly buff or change a killers power. This is proven by the tinkerer change and huntress speed addons nerfs: powers should only make a small difference. The problem we are left with now is that even if they did decide his base power is too weak and they buffed him, they would then have to in turn nerf all his addons as with them and a strong base power he would be very inbalanced. I'm dissapointed with the trapper changes as they feel incomplete and not thought through.
The Hag:
I'm so happy with the hag buffs, finally i can use this killer as a main, and i would say she's finally balanced, but she isn't perfect. Many people have expressed problems with the hags addons, mainly her ultra rares and very rares as they actually nerf her ability without a big enough buff to it. This isn't a serious problem and she is still more than playable, however i just wish the devs wouldn't be so stubborn would and except the original idea for addons such as the waterlogged shoe just aren't good enough and need to be changed completely, to allow us players to get the full experience with this killer. There is a similar problem with stubbornness though out the game, with many perks such as calm spirit receiving useless buffs rather than just changing the perks name and use completely.
Overall i really like this patch and i believe the hag is now balanced, and many useless perks are now usable. However, The Trappers changes are not what were needed and are to buggy, some of the hags addons need to be re-thought through, and (though i haven't covered it in this discussion) many of the perk changes are either pointless or not big enough of a buff.
Comments
Well as long as trap hitboxes are messed up, im not gonna play him. Its the most annoying thing when the survivor can easily avoid your trap but you get caught in it if you take the same path. That literally killed my old beloved trapper I loved so much when I started with DBD.
I might become a hag main because I enjoy playing her and now she actually is viable
The only problem with both killers is when survivors genrush, you pretty much are helpless in this case
I think the only thing they could really do to buff his basic ability is to make the traps a bit darker by default and flush out any bugs he currently suffers. I'm ok with him not being some super powerful Killer and have always viewed him as a somewhat decent/flagship trainee Killer. I mean if he is your main "go to" guy then by all mean I'm sure you have far better balance ideas than I do haha.