Disconnection penalty feature on consoles?
Hello!
Is this feature will be also available on consoles (Xbox/PS4) too?
Because, we're still on p2p hosting method, right? So how can we penalize the dc players?
Also, did the report system at the end of a game do something? Or it's an useless feature?
Thanks!
Comments
Any answer? 🙄
I'm really eager to see how this plays out. I play on PS4, so fortunately I'll have to chance to read feedback from players on platforms already using dedicated servers. Please share your experiences and opinions!
I'm conflicted by the idea of it. I really like the design of the penalty system: escalating penalties for repeated disconnects, penalizing a whole group to which one timed-out player belong, etc.
But the predictable effect of this new feature is that now we'll have endure the gameplay causes of disconnects. Sometimes a disconnect feels like the right or only solution to a problem.
Hex: No Escape from Trolls.
What's hilarious is that the dev can't distinguish if the server kicked you for (whatever glitch title reason here) and you hitting alt+f4 because you got mad and left, power randomly flickered and came back on and your PC restarted, etc... They already have atrocious wait times on both sides, this is just going to escalate into an even bigger mess.
Next is banning people for hook suicides. It's just a game, but people abuse things here on the regular and to be fair, no one should put up with toxicity in a game that is intentional. Why should i reward anyone with points for staying in the game and getting hooked over and over until dead or getting slugged for the whole game while the killer goes afk and/or just stands there? If i was in a SWF i'm sure i'd have a better time playing survivor but i do not enjoy hearing other people's life interrupting my hearing during a trial. Reporting people doesn't do jack. I've run into the same user playing Clown with vac bans that ive sent reports to with video and i get this jerk at least once a freaking week. But yeah. Lets ban the folks who don't want to deal with BS!
Yeah i see that part, but i was hoping it can be active at the same time on consoles.
I'm sick of those d/c-ers, how long do we still have to support them?😕
Hopefully not anytime soon since I want to de-rank to get my trophies