2k balance philosophy flaw
So what if I just facecamp one survivor and then down another after 4 gens have popped and do the exact same thing?
I mean. It'd be mind numbingly boring and I doubt I'd ever do it, letting them all escape and nodding on console to say "gg. I had fun" is better but this is a "What if" scenario.
Let's take nurse for example, her pick rate has plummeted after the rework and many concider her weaker and easier to bully. If said nurse is bullied enough the nurse player will start face camping because they've just had enough of survivors control over their enjoyment of the game. And if they consistently facecamp two people does that show that nurse is fine because 50% kill ratio? No. No it does not.
Aditionally. What if survivors decide to commit struggle-not-on-hook? Artificially inflating a killers kill ratio to make the killer look better than they actually are. Take freddy. On his rework release people weren't complaining about him, they enjoyed his gameplay and playing against him (exept slowdown freddy). But now after spirits changes and the killrate releases people have been going to town on freddy calling for nerfs. Dcing like mad. Commiting non-struggle-on-hook. Making it look on the overall stats that freddy was stronger than spirit. Would you say that's the case?
Comments
That's why I asked for a "number of hooks per killer and rank statistic" as it indicates how dominant a killer has been rather than the number of kills. A killer can be bullied all game, get 0 hooks till the 5th gen pops and still 4k at the end by slugging everyone with NOED.
Does that mean said killer was overperforming? 🤔
The 2k balancing strat is dumb to befin with, first because of the mentioned circumstances that can lead to a kinda cheap 4k, and second because of the emblem system aiming for a very long game. If the survivors rush gens yoi have to kill all four to be able to pip.
I agree with this 100%
That would be a nice stat to see.
I think that's why they aren't too concerned with it looking more like a ~70% kill rate.
You can almost ALWAYS guarantee 1 kill instead of 0 with a camp, and a 3k is really easy to turn into a 4k with slugging, so if the numbers are a bit higher, there's still a lot of games that are less of an impressive result than the numbers say.