Why do we have to go through two lobbies?
I'm talking about the time it takes for a match to start after you are matched with other players. Why bother throwing everyone into a 60 second lobby when you can just throw people straight into the game? If someone readies up, they should be prepared to play a game as soon as a match is found. Elongating the wait period by one minute is a huge waste of time in the long run, especially if you get games that end immediately because someone left during the load.
It's especially annoying when queues are fast. You could get into a match insanely fast if there was no 60 second timer. Remember those times everyone readied up nearly instantly? Imagine if that happened every time! It would be great and would make this game much more fun to play since we would be able to spend more time playing it
Comments
Well, the first lobby is ment to just find you a game with players. i think its obvious why we have that one.
the second one however is ment for you to see who you are matching with and maybe adjust your loadout accordingly.
lets say you matched with 3 others who are a SWF and want to do a certain strat. they chat with you through the chat and ask you to please bring certain Items / Add Ons / Perks / Offerings.
you now have some time left to quickly equip said items.
the same applies for the killer.
they too only see who they match with in their second lobby, though they may need to adjust their playstyle accordingly to those players. 4 toolboxes? - Franklyis. 4 Med Kits? maybe get rid of Sloppy / Thana and bring something else to slow down the game.
and so on.
players need the time to prepare for the game they are about to play. this is mostly used by- and implemented for killers, however it can be used for both sides.
I have been told many times in chat during the lobby that if I don't join my team's Discord they will leave me to die so having time to leave the lobby is great. Also having time to readjust your loadout is important or even switch character outfits so everyone isn't the same character making it easier for the Killer to accidentally tunnel you.
I that it's good to know who you're about to play with and all, but I don't think the positive of knowing who you're playing with outweighs the negative of waiting an extra minute. If you're worried enough about survivor items to equip a perk to counter them as killer, it won't do you much harm to keep that perk on you whether or not people bring in items. And on the survivor side, I can't say I've ever had a SWF ask me to join them and their build.
I'm so glad I don't play on PC...
I'd rather have the End Game Collapse be 30 seconds so I don't have to wait 1 minute and 55 seconds for the last survivor to finally run out of the exit gate. Although it does beat the 10-15 minutes I use to have to wait every game.
i mean, if everyone if ready and no one has to adjust anything, click on "ready" and the game will start in way less than a minute.
and i as a killer would not want to constantly have Franklyins or Lightborn (or both) in my perk loadout. that would suck, since most of the time they would be literal useless / dead perks. if i were to just equip all the counters for possible stuff they bring, that'd cost me my perk loadout. that can easily cost me the game.
I got those kinds of messages on the PS4 too, I prefer playing solo myself as being on comms is way too much of an advantage and takes away the fear of the game.
Keep in mind that survivors could unequip their item just as the timer runs out to bait you into using franklin's. You don't really know what you're dealing with until the timer runs out.
that would be a different problem though.
one that could be fixed by the game extending the lobby time any time someone changes their character / item or the killer getting a few bonus seconds where only they can change their setup.
but that rarely happens tbh.