Thoughts on EGC?
Hi, I may be late to this discussion about EGC, but what are everyone's thoughts about Endgame Collapse?
I've just watched some random person mention EGC in the video, and it got me thinking: there's no situation I can think of that would incentivize survivors to initiate EGC on their own free will. Everyone's just opening gates up to 99% and wait and see if there's anything left do to in the Trial.
The only common time I see EGC is when Killer closes the Hatch as there's only one survivor left, and because of exit gates placement it means death to survivor in most cases anyway, so they might as well be executed instantly as it happens. We can't struggle when hooked as last survivor, and I see it's basically the same principle.
So survivors don't want to play the EGC and killers have limited ways to initiate it on their part (they can open the gates themselves, but I don't see them do it, playing against rank 5-1 killers myself). I understand it counters holding game hostage by survivors, but still I get the feeling no one really enjoys this feature?
Also, any thoughts on nerfing No One Left Behind? They buffed some numbers and features, but it only activates now in EGC, and as I mentioned survivors just leave gates at 99% to prevent EGC, so it NOLB would never be used now. At least present NOLB activates when gates are powered, so it can still be reliably used.
Comments
I wholeheartedly agree with your point about NOLB. I hadn't realised up until now that the changes made it activate only during the EGC, and thought that it had been buffed to a pretty okay place. But you're right, since survivors have close to zero incentive to initiate the EGC, having the perk activate only once a gate has been opened makes it a lot worse than it could have been. I don't think it would be too strong if it worked consistently after the last generator has been powered.
As for the EGC, it has its problems (although I've yet to meet anyone with any particular complaints about the EGC itself from the killer perspective) and some people may not really enjoy it, but they almost certainly enjoy it a lot more than they enjoyed hatch standoffs and games being held hostage.