Just Brainstorming some Killer Perk ideas. Feel free to continue the list.
IF you ever think that one of these ideas should make it into the actual game, feel free to change the names/descriptions!
Hex: Eye For Eye
You cant stand it when someone touches your stuff. When a Survivor breaks a Hex totem, they will be highlighted to you for 5/7/10 seconds and they will suffer from the "exposed" status effect for 20/40/60 seconds. This perk will spawn 1/1/2 Hex totems on the map.(has no name yet. make suggestions!)
Your territory is your territory. And you want your prey to know that. When a Survivor enters the basement, they will suffer from the "exposed" status effect, for as long as they are down there. This perk will affect the last 1/1/2 Survivors who are in your basement.
"I don't feel save here. I went deep into the beasts territory, and it doesn't seem to like it..." - Vigo's Diary
(basically the perk will affect the first 2 ppl who go down there, but it'll switch to a different person in the basement, as soon as one of the affected people leaves the basement stairs)Keep Up The Pressure
A deep bond to the Entity allows you to put enourmous pressure on your opponents. For each individual injured Survivor, you gain 1 token. Each token will disable 1 of all the Survivors Perks. This can stack up to 2/3/4 tokens.
(It'll start with the 1st Perk they equipped and run all the way to the 4th. when a survivor is sacrificed or died, the Perk will loose 1 token.)Cripple Them All
Your brutal nature allows you to find the most painfull spot for your victims and you will make use of that. Each time a Survivor got hooked, they get a 5/7/10% penalty on healing, sabotaging and repairing speed.
"It seems like the Monster finds joy in torturing us." - Benedict Baker's JournalGame Keeper
A deep bont to the Entity allows you to manipulate room and time itself. 3 times a game, press "E" to be able to reduce an already completed Survivor objective's progress by 50/75/100%, you are aiming at. You will not be able to reset a generator, after the exit gates got powered.No Escape
The pure thought of your prey escaping from you unpleases you, so you try even harder to catch them. For every completed generator, gain a token. Each token gives you additional 2/3/5% movement speed. Movement speed boni do not stack.
(So you wont be able to combine STBFL and NOED together with this Perk to move like a f*cking racecar around the map.)Waste No Time
A deep bond to the Entity allows you to ignore obstacles thrown in your way. Pallets on the ground will destroy themselves 60/40/20 seconds after they got dropped.Observator
Thanks to your great observation skills, gain a notification when someone enters a locker or opens a chest within a 60/45/32 meter radius to you. You will also be able to see lockers or chests Auras in a 10/21/32 meter radius.
"Observator" has a cooldown of 40/25/10 seconds.
"I don't know how, but the Beast seemed to know all my Tricks. It was always one step ahead of me." - Vigo's Diary
(you will not see the chests/lockers open when a survivor uses them, but the perk will give you a little notification that someone entered a locker/opens a chest by the perk glowing up)
This were 8 ideas for some DbD Killer Perks. As I said earlier, pls feel free to continue the List and give me Feedback on the Perks I created ^^
Thank you for reading!
Comments
Playing devil's advocate here, so please do not be offended and think I'm just shooting down ideas, I'm just trying to provide constructive criticism. You've got some pretty good ideas here. I just like to point out potential issues so we can try to come up with workarounds.
1: This is actually a pretty interesting sounding perk. It would work really well with a hex build, along with devour hope, ruin, and TOTH. They'd want to get rid of the hexes, but getting rid of the hexes is a huge risk.
2: I fear this one would make basement camping too powerful. The thing that sticks out in my mind in particular is the hag. Typically you ain't crouching out of there before she gets back. If she sticks a trap at the top and bottom of the stairs, you need to crouch the entire way up the stairs and out of the basement, otherwise you'll set off the trap and she'll teleport back. It's a lose-lose because even if you do crouch all the way out, she'll have plenty of time to just walk back. The only practical counter is to heal before leaving, giving you a buffer hit on the way out. With this perk, you could not get that buffer hit. Getting hooked in the basement once would be a death sentence.
3: Great idea, but this would be a little awkward. I feel comfortable saying that most people just slap their perks on in any order. Having it go by the order you equipped them would be confusing for most people, and abuse-able by others (putting their best perks on last to prevent them from getting disabled, or self-care in the last slot to help counter it). Might be better if it just picked a random perk for each survivor.
4: I would cut the repair penalty. At two hooks each, that's a whopping 40% slower repairs. That's almost as slow as the dream world. 80% longer healing times are pretty significant, so I would argue that the repair speed is ultimately redundant since they'll be spending so much time healing. 80% would mean 60 seconds(!) from a regular medkit/fellow survivor heal, 120(!!) from self-care. That's huge.
Unless the tokens are per survivor, of course, not shared between all survivors.
5: This one does just sound way overpowered to me. I think it would be okay to reduce it by ~10%, then leave the rest to regular regression, which could be stopped like a usual kick. Keep in mind you'd also be able to force three generators in close proximity much easier this way. But knocking a generator all the way back down to 0 from full would be wicked OP as is, let alone three times per match. Not to mention that would make Pop Goes the Weasel completely irrelevant.
I almost feel like this one would be better as a base mechanic than a perk. If the survivors are steamrolling over the killer, the entity has pity on them and gives them an extra chance.
6: Just going to math this one.
Tier 3 = 5% faster per stack. Max 5 stacks. 25% faster. Assuming 4.6m/s base speed, we're talking about 5.75m/s, a total of 1.75m/s gained on the average survivor (4.0m/s). This means to close a gap of 32m (two tiles), you'd only need about 18 seconds. Granted, that's only once all the generators are done, but a 20% speed boost will still yield almost the same results.
It's just too much for something that's always active. I also feel like NOED already does this but in a more balanced way. The speed boost it provides is smaller, but it feels a lot more fair to play against. It doesn't feel like you're playing against Sonic.
7: Sounds sorta' interesting, although against good survivors, this will really only ever come into play on unsafe pallets. Safe pallets will still need to be broken anyway, or else you'd just be wasting your time for 20 seconds until the entity breaks it.
8: Seems okay. I don't know how powerful this would be though. Typically you'll hear a chest if you're close anyway, they're crazy loud. I don't feel like lockers get enough use for me to warrant using a perk slot just to detect them. Most of the time it's pretty obvious when someone's hiding in a locker anyway.
Thanks for the feedback! I really appreciate it!
But let me just add some things to what you said, since it seemed like some stuff was unclear:
I'm glad you like the idea
I wanted to implement a Perk like this for a long time, since it's really annoying when your totem gets destroyed asap and you didnt even get the chance to defend it. This way, Survivors would finally have to figure out, weather they are really cursed or its just a trap from the Killer, so they cant just kill every Hex totem they see asap. It'll also grant the Killer a little bonus for loosing one of his 4 Perk slots.
I agree with that. I didnt think about the Hag, when i wrote this comment, it would be incredible strong on her. Even though, the Perk does only affect 2 Survivors. If a 3rd Survivor were in the Basement, they could tank a hit and let everyone escape the basement stairs. Maybe the perk would be better, if we add an cooldown timer on it? like 80/70/60 seconds of cooldown after every use.
I thought about that too, but i kinda dislike the idea to rely completely on luck, weather your (most needed) Perk gets taken away or not. I wanted to add something, so Survivors would have to think about where they put a Perk in their loadout, and what are their most important Perks.
The 5/7/10% penality would only affect the hooked Survivor. It would be waay too strong if it would affect the whole team. I just wanted to give Killers a reason to stop tunneling one down, since he'd be slower on gens anyway, so it would be much better to get someone else to slow down the game for him too. Since everyone would only be able to get hooked 2 times before death, they could get a maximum of -20% action speed, which is about the same level Dying Light gives you, with the difference, that this Perk will only be able to show its full potential in the end game, since it would still require 8 out of 12 possible hooks to become that strong.
I didnt really think this Perk would have any chance to be added tbh, but i just wanted to make the Suggestion. originally I wanted to make this Perk affect Exit gates only, but I thought, Hey, why not gens too? So i rewrote it a bit. Ihave to admit, I got a little bit inspired by Identity V, since Killers over there also have the power to turn back time to A: reset a cipher machine back to 0 (which has not been completed) or revive a rocket chair which has been destroyed. I understand why this Perk will probaply never get implemented, but i wanted to finally have a tool against gen rushing...
I could agree to put a Hex infront of this one... The reason why i didnt do that earlier is, because i have one general problem with Hex Perks: They tend to blow up within 1 minute in the game, so I wanted to avoid creating Hex Perks. the whole point of this was to give the Killer a better map pressure. Killers like Wraith, Leatherface, Freddy, etc. literally dont have any map pressure at all. With this perk it would be way easier to patrol the last 3 gens, even if they were far away from each other.
just a little QoL idea for Killers who tend to play around Pallets instead of breaking them all.
Just sounded interesting to me... I dont rly think this is a very strong Perk eighter, but it would definitely come in handy in certain situations (e.g. the basement or the crotus prenn asylum, since this house has A LOT of lockers. Also nice on Huntress to always know where you can refill in a 32 meter radius)
Again, Thanks for the feedback! Even if it was mostly critisism, this helps me to become better at this in future and learn from my mistakes!
Glad you took the time reading all of this (since it is a lot)
See you in the fog!
I think the greatest idea here is the third perk. It can be slightly countered by picking your perks in order and place them in a way that can help you. So I am against the idea that the perks will be chosen randomly. After all, we also have to give survivors a way to counter it. Since hag can find different survivors easily and with the new buffs that the trapper boi got like bloody coil, some killers might become top tier. However, it seems too powerful to implement. Even though this perk might not become a killer perk, we need something like this perk that allows killers and survivors to make plays. This game should be more than pressing w space m1 and m2. Perks like this can change the whole game mechanics.