Why is there no surrender button?!

I'm sure we all had it happen, where the killer leaves you slugged and BMs you until you bleed out. All that does is waste your time. If all survivors are down they should be allowed to kill themselves so we can move on to the next game (they would all need to agree just in case someone had unbreakable of course). Obviously it would give the killer the points needed and give them any perk tokens like BBQ. You can look at Identity V to see how this works.

And yes this is a rant but still it's a good QoL feature for survivors.

EDIT:

As I see a lot of people being confused I should clarify. I'm asking that only when ALL remaining survivors are downed they get the option to surrender. This wouldn't affect slugging the 3rd survivor to catch the 4th.

EDIT 2:

Also forgot to mention this, but all survivors would have to agree to surrender. If they want to use their anti slugging perks all they have to do is disagree.

Comments

  • Basically the thing being suggested is that:

    if all living Survivors are downed then they can vote to Surrender. They will only Surrender if it's unanimous.

    if they do then they are all immediately sacraficed EGC style the Killer gains bonus Emblem score as if they hooked them all.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/863901#Comment_863901

    You are not paying attention. The OP already clarified in a second post above that they were referring to when all 4 survivors re slugged and the killer leaves them all to bleed out. There should then be a concede button. Not a rage quirk. The match is over and the killer is bot being robbed of anything point-wise. It is just saving a few minutes to reach the same conclusion.

    Tgough I don't slug matches like that, I think it makes logical sense.

    There shouldn't be though. Just wait to bleed out

  • @HelloAndGoodbye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/866830#Comment_866830

    Do you know the memes "Bug by Daylight"?

    They cant programm this kind of surrender button.

    If they programm a surrender button, then it will be abused.

    As example, they programmed a dc penality, but they just ignore suiciding on the first hook.

    This is stupid and will not fix the current dc/suicide problem.

    I dont say a surrender button is bad, I just say a surrender button in this game is bad.

    I don't disagree on how phenomenally bad the devs are in this game. But that is no reason to deny potential improvements, otherwise just stick a fork in it, it's done.

    As for suicide on first hook, there is no way to fairly punish it. I can't tell you how many times I'd try to Kobe off the hook just to get a lag spike and die because the did not read my repeated taps on the space bar. The game won't be able to tell if I was going for an escape and got distracted or intentionally suicide on hook.

    The reason they don't see suicide on hook as a punishable action is because the killer is still getting their sacrifice points. Unlike DC'ing on the ground, the killer got points for the hook, summoning the Entity and sacrifice.

    All of that is not taking into account what the killer is doing. If they are face camping and the survivors are not coming, is the hooked player obligated to just sit there, or do they have every right to surrender by suicide on hook and get to the next game.

    Not saying I endorse the action, just saying there is no real way to police it. Keep in mind, killers are able to surrender the match and trigger EGC. Why can't survivors?

  • @HelloAndGoodbye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/868349#Comment_868349

    Lets make a deal.

    Survivors should not be able too kobe on the hook, unless you have a perk for it.

    So the 4% and suiciding on the hook will be gone.

    But they can surrender after 30 seconds, if every survivor is in dying state.

    That is nuts. Survivors should be able to kobe off. It is a wildcard factor that adds excitement. If people are suiciding on hook for you that much, I'm not sure what to tell you. I ran easily 30 matches this weekend with maybe 1 or 2 suicide on hook. These were purple and red rank matches.

    DCs, that was easily every other match. Usually if I ran Doctor or Pig.

  • identity v has a similar system in place. every survivor that is on the ground or on a chair (hook) needs to agree to process the surrender. it's genius.

  • @tylerlogsdon1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/863883#Comment_863883

    Then stay until the game is over? Why should there be a way to dodge with no downside?

    Yeah, I agree, that would be stupid but that's what the author is suggesting.

1 2 ›