How will the upcoming DC changes account for dedicated server hiccups?

Bit of a rant, bit of a story leading into the question, because I'm rather angry at this right now.

dbd9.png

This was the best match I've had this week, against Clown in Hawkins. Solid fifteen minutes, a lot of back and forth. Rather proud that I was able to loop the poor guy for over two minutes in a single chase, seeing as I'm not very good at survivor. My team managed to three gen us in the process, but eh. For the life of me, I just could not find that third generator, though.

My issue is that I was hooked for the third time trying to give my remaining team the extra few seconds to finish the last gen, which I was fine with. Except as soon as I was hooked, I'm hit with the black screen and 'disconnected from party.' At the same time, as seen above, the Clown was apparently hit with the same thing?

Aside from my salt at such a downer of an ending due to a hiccup (Not a fan of these dedicated servers as it is), it makes me wonder. I read in the patch notes that dcing will be hit with a temporary ban, which I'm all for. If it's intentional. When this BS happens, though, how will the system see it? Is time played in a match accounted for, the current score, how much time as passed, etc? I don't want to play a match with the thought of 'I'll get a temp ban if the server glitches out' rolling around in my head.

Comments

  • I think they said there should be something that determines why you're dcing. Whether you're hitting the leave game button or disconnecting because of a bug.