Small question here

I noticed this on the Rift Fragments part of the DBD wiki


If a Player didn't finish all Challenges of a Tome and another one is released, the uncompleted Challenges of the old Tome won't award Rift Fragments anymore.



So, if someone does not have the time to do the challenges, you are punished?

Comments

  • Well, I assume you can use those Rift Fragments for the next Tome.

  • You're not punished, any more than you are "punished" by the Rift closing after 70 days. It's just designed such that the only challenges you can use to gain progress in a Rift are those from its accompanying Tome. You can still do the challenges whenever you like and earn bloodpoints, charms and lore from them, you just can't hoard unfinished challenges forever so that you can do them all at once and complete a future Rift extremely easily.

  • I think you might be talking about tome levels, when tome level 3 opens you can keep earning rift fragments from level 2 and so on. But after tome level 4 is out for 2 to 3 weeks, it will close and a brand new tome and rift will start. The old tome will be gone.

  • The old Tome will still be there, but its Rift will close. You can still do the old Tome's challenges for bloodpoints, and you can still unlock the lore stuff.

  • The Rift is over at that point, you're not punished. You can still do them for bloodpoints and lore, but you can't get fragments for a Rift that's no longer open.

  • @Peanits said:

    The Rift is over at that point, you're not punished. You can still do them for bloodpoints and lore, but you can't get fragments for a Rift that's no longer open.

    Oh I mis-read it then

    I thought when a tome level ended


    I wish the Rift was the actual thing and the Tomes were tome 1, tome 2, and so on

  • I think you may be confused between a tome and the challenge levels.

    Right now we are on tome 1 and level 2 of the challenges. If you didn't finish the level 1 challenges or any others when a new challenge within the tome is opened they will still award fragments for the current active one for the whole duration of the 70 days.

    Once this rift tome of 70 days is closed then the current one has ended and you just gain bloodpoints when doing those past challanges. The next to open is tome 2 with another 4 levels of challenges with rift fragments doable within the 70 days.