What I don't understand about the "exclusive" cosmetics change...

If they're pushing away from the idea of having exclusives in the game, why are a handful of exclusives still not being given out to everyone? There are multiple Twitch streamer cosmetics (shirts, masks, etc) that aren't on the list. And why are the seasonal event cosmetics being given out? (Kate & Billy's Summer BBQ and David & Huntress' Lunar New Year) Those ones don't even have codes...

Better yet, if they want to mark selling codes online as obsolete, why is Bloodletting Dwight still remaining an exclusive? That one sells for $400-500 a code and is objectively "less rare" than a lot of the ones they are giving out to the public. And don't get me wrong, I own Bloodletting. I can understand the appeal of having exclusives because it's rarity reminds me of a time when I played back when this game was much smaller as a community and felt more like an indie-game. But the change just feels weird and forced. It doesn't make a lot of sense why they pick certain ones to be given out and others to stay exclusive.

TLDR; either make all cosmetics remain exclusive or none of them. If the devs goal is to remove exclusivity going forward then stop keeping certain cosmetics unobtainable while giving away a random handful of others.

Comments