Sloppy Butcher vs. Mangled Add-Ons
I've always been of the opinion that the current Sloppy Butcher design invalidates most add-ons that grants the Mangled status.
Begrimed Chains/Head actually do something potentially meaningful beyond inflict Mangled, so those aren't included. The rest, though? They all are just worse Sloppy Butchers (worse in the sense that they only function if the Killer uses their power and in some cases only temporarily, whereas Sloppy works whenever the Killer successfully injures the Survivor and is sure to last until the Survivor heals up) that only have one-time uses. The argument I've sometimes heard is that using one of those add-ons frees up a perk slot for something else, but I don't believe it is worth eating an add-on slot that gives you a buff tailored to the specific Killer you are playing as to free up a slot for a general all-purpose buff (especially when the in this case, the Mangled perk would be the better buff).
I feel like either Sloppy Butcher needs to be re-worked somehow (not just nerfed, though, because I don't think the perk is overpowered or anything, nor do I want to go back to when all Sloppy did was give Hemorrhaging), or the Mangled add-ons need to be buffed/re-worked. How do others feel about this?
Comments