@Devs: what happens behind the scenes when you work on a killer?

Talking about killer already existing - because new killers have new powers and there's no history on them.


Let's assume there's a killer that for some reason needs to be balanced / worked on:

how do you decide that some work is needed?

Not considering the win ratio (because that would be too obvious :P), what else makes you worry something needs to change? Forum discussions? DC rate? Streamers opinion? Trusted testers (trusted based on what?)?

do you take suggestions from players on changes?

That is: the Designer that will lead the rework will gather inputs from someone outside the dev team? Again, is there a trusted circle or these ideas may come from anywhere? Note that it's implicit that a designer may read a topic and use things here and there, what I'm asking is if those inputs are proactively gathered, meaning that someone is directly asking for inputs, not simply lurking :P

who tests the various iterations?

It's all inside the dev team? Someone from the outside? I'm talking about what comes before the PTB of course.

what needs to happen for you to decide that the work is ready for the public?

Again, I consider the PTB to be already public, so I'm interested in the before.


Yes I know this is something relatively technical and could even be confidential in certain parts, but I'm very curious about what is your approach!


@Peanits

Comments