My turn to talk about Spirit
So everyone is talking about the Spirit thus I think it's my turn to talk about her. This is going to be a long "rant" so please bare with me. I'm going to acknowledge BOTH sides and try to keep it fair.
Let's start with everyone's biggest concern: Over-performing. On a live stream the devs said they wanted to change the Spirit because she was "over-performing." This IS true. The Spirit can secure at least 2 kills per match, which makes it hard for us survivors to do anything. Plus, people dc faster than a Huntress with iridescent hatchets (but that's a can of worms for a whole different discussion). With even 1 person gone early to mid- game, that's it for the rest of the survivors. Of course someone leaving the match is NOT the fault of the killer, but you can see how much it destroys the rest of the team and how often it happens with the Spirit.
One thing people say is "Spirit having no counter play". I can agree it is very hard to counter a Spirit, but it IS possible! slow vaulting a window you fast vaulted, throwing the killer off with your scratch marks, running Iron Will. But there is ONE problem: collision while phasing. You Spirit players can admit that bumping into a survivor got you an easy hit. So, in my opinion, collision shouldn't be a thing while phasing.
Something a lot of people don't acknowledge: you don't know when the Spirit begins phasing. Even with the Nurse you can tell when she's about to blink, but you DON'T get that with the Spirit. Thus, you can just stop at a pallet and the dumbfounded survivor will jump RIGHT into your hands. Literally.
Another thing people don't acknowledge: No vault animation! WHY? This one I can't really defend too well, because just like why doesn't she have one? Mind game? I dunno, but I think THAT one's pretty unnecessary. So please, give me a good reason as to why she doesn't have a vaulting animation and maybe my mind would be changed.
EVERYONE can agree on this: Prayer Beads are overpowered. NO sound WHATSOEVER when phasing? That's just insane! I really hope Prayer Beads will be reworked so that they're not in their current state, because WOW! They are annoying to go against.
In conclusion, people don't like Spirit and you killers think it's the ONLY way to demolish a SWF group. Lemme tell you, that's not true. We all know how SWFs play. Most are potatoes and just throw themselves at you and don't do gens because they're too busy protecting their teammates. But if Spirit is what you think you need, then go for it and have fun!
If you've made it this far, then thank you for reading :) I really want to hear what YOU think about my opinions and would like to hear what you agree or disagree with. Anything else you'd like to see changed that I didn't mention? Lemme know!
Comments