I Hate Ghostface!
I am familiar with playing against all of the killers and have strategies to counter them...except Ghostface.
I don't know how to play against him. I'm not a beginner either - I'm a purple rank survivor. I could do with a few Kill Your Friends sessions for practice, but that's not possible at the moment. He just gets me into the exposed status too quickly.
Typically, I'll be on a gen at the start of the match then, BOOM, seemingly without warning - I'll be in the exposed status and he just downs me after a brief chase. I think the sound of the gen is likely masking the sound of his rippling robes and the warning sound during the marking process. I'm using a headset as well. Is it just me or does this happen to others?
I played a game yesterday against a Ghostface with ruin and some nasty add-ons:
Ghostface Caught on Tape (Ultra Rare)
- Tremendously increases the Stalking rate when leaning from cover.
- Tremendously decreases the Stalking rate when not leaning from cover.
Driver's License (Very Rare)
- Considerably decreases the detection range to reveal The Killer while Night Shroud is active.
It was not a fun match! Oh, and did I mention he had an Ebony Momento Mori? So he just moried everyone. This brings me to another point: killer add-ons need to be revised. I think anything that tremenously or considerably affects gameplay should be taken out of the game, as it's unfair. Ghostface already gets people exposed fast enough - does this really need to be tremendously speeded-up?
To be fair, I did get used to looking around for him during that match and listening for his rippling robes. I managed to be the last survivor to get killed. But I also think he partially marks me, then I escape, but when he finds me again, he seems to get me exposed in a split second. Is there any cooldown from marking progress?
I find Spine Chill effective against Ghostface and I used that perk a lot - but not always.
Comments
I was having issues revealing him yesterday. I absolutely hate facing him because of it.
cry more lol
this is whats wrong with the dbd community. dont get better, dont take the L, cry cry cry more.
James is a stealth killer... Oops! Ghostface is a stealth killer, you have to constantly be on the look out for him. I don't like using Spine Chill because it takes the element of surprise from him (plus I love being jumpscared) but you also gotta use your ears. Now when it comes too looping and he cloaks, it's best to leave that loop so you can get LOS on him again