Keys and Mori's.... What's up with those?
The purpose of this discussion is to get peoples, ideas and opinions out there, and discuss what the possibilities are for the future of keys and mori's.
I wanna start this off by saying, no I don't think keys and mori's are fair, its a free escape, compared to a free kill. While some people think keys are fine or mori's are fine, when you look at the big picture that is this game, they both need to go down together. Nerfing one would be a MASSIVE slap in the face to that side, because they are essentially the same thing with the exception that one is an item and the other is an offering. Despite this difference I think they are both in the same boat. Meaning I don't think one trumps the other in terms of fairness.
KEYS
The keys strong-suit is the ability to save it, and determine whether to use it in a trial.
There are three ways to save your precious keys.
- Choose not to use a key, and escape the trial
- Use the "Milky Glass" add-on and escape through the hatch (This will prevent the loss of a key on use)
- Use the "Weaved Ring" add-on and prevent loss of the key on death.
The nice thing about a key is the ability to choose if you need to use it. If you are in a trial as survivor, and things are looking up for your team you can decide that "Hey, I don't need to waste my key!". However with mori's this is not the case, you can not decide during the match if you would like to use it or not, it is an offering so you must determine that pre-game.
MORI'S
The mori's strong-suit is the ability to kill survivors early in the game, with little expense.
While keys can be saved and chosen whether or not to be used, you have to survive the trial until the end to gain an opportunity to use it. With mori's this is not the case, they can be used in a game by meeting the requirement of hooking a survivor once. The reason this is problematic is because if as a killer you find someone early on in a trial, down and hook them, they can now be moried and taken out of the game. This means that within the first 2-3 minutes of the game, it can already be down to 3 survivors, and with an ebony will continue to go down at an alarming rate.
CONCLUSION
They both suck, like a lot. Being hooked once as survivor and then being taken out of the game in an instant really removes the will to play another match. And being a killer, and brutally winning the game with 5 gens left, just to have the last 2 survivors escape through the hatch really makes your efforts feel wasted. Both of these things need to be reworked, but not removed, watching as a fan favorite killer lifts someone off the ground and stabs them in the chest to replicate the movies is fan-service that can't be taken away from people. And gathering you team to coordinate a hatch escape is such a great feeling that also can't be removed. I've been with this game since the week of release, and I still don't know how behavior could tackle this controversial issue. But seeing how they have handled things in the past. Eh I think they got this... And I think they're gonna do a pretty good job doing it.
TL:DR
In short, these are both essential parts of the game that cannot be removed, but need to be tweaked, and nerfed together. Not separately.
OTHER STUFF
If you read this whole thing and didn't just skip to the bottom good on you! This took a little over half an hour to write, so please excuse any typo's and grammar mistakes, I just wanted to get my point across as simply as possible. Also I would really like to hear what you think about this, and what your opinion on keys and mori's are, so please give me your thoughts down below. That's all, and I look forward to seeing your reactions.
Comments
Keys : add a channel animation, so the survivors can't BM the killer and open the hatch in front of him. If this isn't enough, then make killers able to grab survivors when jumping into hatch only when the hatch is open by a key.
Mori : make the killer able to mori someone just after he hooked all 4 survivors.