What if this game had zero slowdown perks and add-ons and were just slower in general?

It's a bit out there, but I feel like this game might be more enjoyable in a sense if it were slower by default to justify killers having no slowdown perks or add-ons. Making a build would then become a lot more flexible as the question of "which slowdown perk do I want to run?" turns into "which perk do I want to run?" which I feel like would be more fun as slowdown perks tend to be very passive and boring, at least to me.

Survivors of course would also be adjusted to account for this and I feel like even survivors may deserve some sort of built-in perk to bring more variety to builds. Anyone have thoughts on this type of concept regarding both sides, though?

EDIT: Just to clarify, slowdown is mainly referring to perks that slow down the main objective of the game (generators). Perks like Sloppy Butcher which slow down healing or Thrill of the Hunt which slow down totem cleansing I feel would probably be fine to keep in the game still, as they affect things outside of the main objective.

Comments

  • A secondary objective with a straightout nerf to many slowdowns would be nice.

  • I agree that slowdown perks/addons should not become a necessity but with how slow the game is being changed by BHVR and how massive of an undertaking that would be for them to balance around, I doubt it will be a thing anytime soon.

    I would gladly trade every slowdown perk/addon a killer has if they tripled the gen time speed. Or they require you to get a second objective like fuel cans to repair the generators faster. Or something like that.

  • If you removed perks that slow down the game, you'd basically have to slow down the game by default to compensate. It wouldn't remove what's passive and dull about them, only make them baseline.

    If you nerf the ######### out of other aspects to compensate then you just make it miserable for survivors. Yeah gens go quickly but where's the fun if chases start lasting 20 seconds on average?

  • @anarchy753 said:

    If you removed perks that slow down the game, you'd basically have to slow down the game by default to compensate. It wouldn't remove what's passive and dull about them, only make them baseline.

    If you nerf the ######### out of other aspects to compensate then you just make it miserable for survivors. Yeah gens go quickly but where's the fun if chases start lasting 20 seconds on average?

    I mean that's the idea behind it.

    To make the game slow as a baseline would mean having more build variety for killer.

    And of course survivors would be adjusted as well so it isn't miserable for them, maybe even giving them some perks as a baseline as well, because I have to be honest here, I do get quite tired of having to run perks like Borrowed Time every single match, reducing my build variety.

  • I bet there would be a drastic increase of hard camping since there would be more time and aggressive builds would become a lot stronger.

  • @White_Owl said:

    I bet there would be a drastic increase of hard camping since there would be more time and aggressive builds would become a lot stronger.

    Probably. Enduring/Spirit Fury/Bamboozle/Monitor and Abuse would likely be the new meta. Eliminate every safety net survivors normally have against you, and end chases in the blink of an eye.

    If stall perks are no longer viable, then everyone would switch to chase perks and detection perks. I think the law of unintended consequences would come into play if we got rid of stall perks entirely.