Totally Unbalanced: wasted money on this game
I know I know, "Ugh, another newbie complaining about not being good". Here me out.
This game is severely unbalanced right now and I don't know why this hasn't be addressed yet. It seems that the game has been unbalanced for years now judging by old forums and complaints made by others. Now, yes, I'm new and I don't know all the ropes yet. I'm not here to whine over not winning. I'm here to be level-headed and provide enough proof to show that there's more to this unbalance mechanics than just being bad.
First off, all of the game's unbalance-ness is rooted in unbalanced match-making. As I've already said, I'm new. I just bought the game and played for the first time and have a total of 10 hours on the game. Before anyone clicks off because "that's definitely not enough time to be making opinions on the game mechanics!!!!", just listen. I have 10 hours on the game. Just 10. Meaning my survivor rank is currently 17 and my killer rank is 19. How is the match-making unbalanced? I've been paired up with survivors and killers who are rank 10 and up (or is it considered below?) One time I had a survivor on my team who was rank 8. I don't know if they were paired up with anyone else on my team but I doubt it because they were the last to join the match after we've all been waiting for a few minutes. I believe it was my third or fourth match where I was paired up with a rank 12 killer while I was still rank 20.
This unbalanced match-making causes a whole new slew of unbalanced problems. I've read the forums, guides, and tips from higher ranked players. I've seen the youtube gameplay videos. And I'm here to tell you that those are not helpful when you're a newbie going up against people with hundreds, if not thousands, of hours dedicated to the game. This means that no matter what I do, I'm always losing because the killers are OP against us newbie survivors who are still learning the game or the survivors are OP against us newbie killers who are too slow to get anyone.
"How about you just git gud, newbie?!" How many I supposed to git gud when I don't have a fair chance to practice against people my own skill level? The very first time I played as killer, I got paired up with a bunch of rank 12's or so (two of which were partnered I believe while the other two were separate) and they completed all the gens in like 3 minutes. I didn't even hit a single person that round let alone anyone hooked. How is that fair? How am I supposed to practice when I can't even get a chance to play properly?
Also, I've heard higher ranked players say that killers are always OP for newbies no matter what rank anyone is, the game is more balanced when you're around the 12-8 rank, and the survivors are OP when you're 7 and up. However, like I said, I've seen youtube game play videos by higher ranked people and more times than not the killer ends up getting at least 3 out of the 4 survivors. And that doesn't seem balanced to me. "Well, the survivors' role is to get killed. That's how the game works. You're not supposed to escape" <-- yes that was an actual quote made by a higher ranked player. I don't know if they were trolling or not but if they honestly believe that, then the game is even worse because no one wants to be cannon fodder. The whole point of the game is to work together and escape. What fun is the game if you're role in the group is to sacrifice yourself so only one person can escape at the end?
And another thing, the wait times for killer are INSANE! When I queue up as survivor I'm in a game like 2 minutes later. When I queue up as killer, I'm waiting for 25 minutes minutes. Yes, I do mean that literally. And it's every time too, not just a one-time thing. I've actually pulled up a timer on my phone and timed how long I've waited for a game. The shortest so far has been 18 minutes.
Bonus discussion/idea: I've had a lot of trouble with players DC. One time 2 of my teammates DC'ed after being downed once (not even hooked yet) and we still had 4 generators to complete. And then I got hooked and the killer camped me so my teammate couldn't rescue me and I ended up dying. This makes the killer definitely too OP no matter what. I don't know why the game devs haven't implemented something to counter that yet like maybe for each DC survivor, the amount of gens needed to be repaired to open the gates is reduced by 1. Or maybe each DC survivor adds a significant speed bonus to healing, cleansing, and repairing.
Long story short: this game is too unbalanced and is a waste of money. I want a refund.
Comments
@lilbitofliah, I think you are approaching the game from the wrong side. I've read your first post, and even if you have some correct criticism in it (mainly: it's unfair being matched with much stronger opponents), you simply lack the experience to infer anything about the game.
What I mean by this is not a "git gud" though!
What I want is for you to realise that in anything in life before come to any conclusion you have to experiment it, know it. Even if you are matched against stronger killers / survivors, your ultimate goal right now shouldn't be to win, but to learn the basics.
What are the basics? It's certainly not looping, juking, or hide the red blood stain! The basics are how to drop a pallet, when does the vault prompt come on screen, how to turn your camera around without crashing to a wall, etc. etc.
You absolutely don't need to win or survive to learn and improve on these things.
So: try to simply have fun surviving as much as you can, or, if you play killer, take pride in finding even a single survivor, tunnel him the whole game until you can down him if you need to, don't listen to the general consensus on what is a tunneler, a camper, a pallet waste, why NOED sucks and whatever. This simply do not concern you, at all, in fact it does the exact opposite, it hurts you!
Hell you can even play Blendette the whole game, you'll learn how to hide at least :)
OP says "the whole point of the game is to work together and escape" .... hold up.. no thats optional.. from my experience whole point is for you to survive and escape helping others is completely optional you can choose to do it but that comes at a cost if you have the skill and aptitude you can do both. persevere my friend it will get better..
if there is one thing this game taught me over the years is you cant win them all no matter how good you think you are.. so if you accept that then its gonna be fun..
at the moment the Dedicated servers are still a bit weird hit registration but its getting better other than that i think game is fairly balanced .. and rank here in game doesnt always co-relate to skill.
this is a casual game i play to relax..
My cheap tips as a Survivor main when I started to play this game half a year ago
For beginner, start with Dejavu, Plunderer, Bond, Small game to learn how the game works, having info let you know what you should do,where you should go.
Later Urban Evasion, Spine chill, Iron will to learn how to play immersed.
Once you start to get better at hiding/evading & game mechanic, use Decisive Strike, Dead hard, Light weight, Iron will to learn how to get in chase/escape against Killer.
Killer wait times are long because there are far more killers than there are survivors to get matched with per killer.
Killers are more popular because they have a much higher success rate than survivors up until red ranks
Even the weakest killer on PC kills on average 2 survivors per game. That means game-over for 2 players. (source: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/61114/data-sheets-community-requests)
For most of the player base, killers have far more success than survivors, hence the immense popularity of playing killers
And why the match making sucks. Not enough players and not enough new ones coming in.