We need to talk about: Dead by Daylight connection

When the killer was the lobby host, was comprehensible. Now that we have dedicated servers, we need one more thing to make things good. I'm talking about some players who get disconnected from the match by internet issues like dropping and crashes.

If the killer's internet drops, the match ends, if a survivor's internet drops, his teammates get screwed. So I get a concept to give this poor players a chance to do something if this thing happens (people disconnecting by purpose are exclude).

Survivors has 3 minutes to get back to the match, if it doesn't so they are kicked out the match. A bird appear near its at 30 seconds, 1m30s and 2m30s when AFK, giving its localization for the killer. They follow the survivor were the killer takes it. They fly out when the player get back.

Killers has 1m30s to get back to the match, if it doesn't so they are kicked out the match and it ends. A bird appear near its at 15 seconds, 45 seconds and 1 minute when AFK, but doesn't gives its localization for survivors. They fly out when the player get back.

Killer's time is shorter than survivor's because survivors takes exactly this time to do a gen, so there's no why increases the time, as survivors can simply do gens and escape. But I see no problem the time be the same of the survivors, or vice versa.


I actually made this post because I already lost a lot of games (wins or loses) by my poor connection. It takes less than 15 seconds to restart, but I can't do anything anymore where I was playing.

Let me hear your thoughts ;)

Comments